Ratings for Dr. Tim M. Lahood

Dr LaHood seems to have a hard time listening and understanding the situations of patients, also ignores past diagnoses if they don't align to his agenda. Last year I spent 3 weeks trying to get an appt for an awful upper respiratory deal. They denied me an appt and gave me antibiotics. When I kept getting sicker, they denied me appts twice more after I begged them to just take a look at me, saying the antibiotics will work eventually. I ended up in the hospital with severe bronchitis which could have been very easily avoided had they not denied me an urgent appointment on 3 seperate occasions. Staff and doc are rude if you value your health go elsewhere!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Love this doctor. His staff for the most part are very friendly and pleasant, however had a bad experience with Marissa . Wouldn't think Dr. Lahood would hire someone that is rude for his office staff. He kept me waiting in the exam room however apologized and had some emergencies come in, and I appreciate a doctor that takes an emergency over a wellness check. He has never pushed cholesterol drugs at me. I guess if you need them, it would be his professional education and training to offer a drug to keep your healthy.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Been my PCP for 3 years, I have never once gone in and not had staff be super rude, or had my complaints ignored due to my mental health issues. I wait til I'm on my death bed to go in because its always something with this office. Would not recommend!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Very pleased. Listened to what I had to say. I work in the health industry and he came highly recommended. He explained everything and was very knowledgeable about my issues. HE DID NOT PUSH ANY MEDICATION. His staff was very friendly. I would recommend him as a physician.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Great Doctor. Listens carefully. Great Staff that were very helpful.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

I have seen Dr Lahood for several years. I have never left a appointment with ouit being told that Meds are not the answer I need to excercise more. Office staff is always nice and I have only had one appointment that I had to wait past my appointment time.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. LaHood is a good doctor. I disagree strongly with the comments about pushing cholesterol meds. When I was diagnosed with high cholesterol I told him that I wanted to try changing my diet first. He agreed and we waited 6 months. Guess what...it didn't work. So I then went on the meds. He's also very personable and knowledgeable about other maladies. I highly recommend him. The only negatives are that I have to wait a little on the long side, and sometimes his staff is not the friendliest.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Very helpful and thorough. Much more so than any previous physician I have had.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Quick to push the Cholesterol meds, must get kickbacks from the pharm company. Never discussed diet at all. My cholesterol is on the high side of normal. I'm in my early 40's, active and have only 1 risk factor. I quit taking it and am looking for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Has been my doctor since 2007. I find him to be thorough and realistic in evaluating and resolving problems. Most of the staff has been there since I have been a patient, which gives me the impression he must be decent to his staff. If you are looking for a real doctor, pay him a visit.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2010

Dr. Tim M. Lahood's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal