Ratings for Dr. John T. Chow

I had one appt with Dr. Chow. I will cut him slack because I met w/ him early morning the day after the 4th of July. He might of had a hangover or something. I went there looking for a reduction in my thyroid medication but he bumped it up and was slightly dismissive of the research I had done and telling him why I wanted to reduce my dosage level because of the way the medication made me feel. BUT Staff at the Endocrinology Clinic of Minneapolis are not helpful. Customer service is severely lacking. It took forever for someone to get back to me. I called 3 times trying to book an appt with Dr. Chow based on a referral from my primary dr. I have to say that I am not a fan. the clinic is not clean the exam rooms have medical waste receptacles that are full. If I go for a consultation or an exam the last thing I want to see is a bin of bloody test tubes and needles. Talk about Gross. The trash cans don't have lids and I can see the paper gowns that patients have taken off and the exam gloves removed by the dr or whomever. I am willing to give it one more shot.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I've enjoyed working with Dr. Chow on my thyroid disease. He spends a lot of time explaining things to me in a way I can understand.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Found Dr Chow very knowledgeable re treatment of diabetes and the use of diabetes technology. Good relational skills.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

Dr. Chow was very friendly and helpful, and actually took time to explain my illness, unlike other doctors I have seen. He directed me to the right treatment and I feel 100% better! The clinic staff was also very friendly. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Have been a patient for 5 years and am leaving for a different Dr. He spends very little time in the appointment, doesn't listen to my concerns about my condition and wouldn't see me or have my labs checked when a serious problem came up. He claimed it couldn't be related to my condition but all my research (Mayo Clinic website and other reputable sites) said it was a possibility. Very frustrating when I can't even get a simple lab test done to make sure my blood work is still ok.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Dr. John T. Chow's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2002)