Ratings for Dr. Fred F. Shahan

I am an 86 year old male with severe sun and radiation damage to my body. Dr. Shahan and his excellent staff have always been most efficient, considerate, and caring. Tom Buuck

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Last year Monica Gazell, my wife, had Dr. Shahan perform surgery on the left side of her face for melanoma and for sun spots on both of her arms. Nearly a year has passed, and it has become increasingly apparent that his work was virtually perfect. There is hardly any sign that she ever had any skins problems in the first. This is what he had promised her--promise made, promise kept. She was very fortunate that he was her doctor. We cannot praise him enough. James A. Gazell

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Shahan performed facial surgery on my wife on May 22, 2015, for facial cancer and removed various flakely spots on her arms and forehead--spots that would probably turn carcinogenic. He did her work so skillfully that nearly a year later there is virtually no scar on her face and none on her arms and forehead. He is also very personable. F. Allen Richburg, M.D., a widely respected internist, hadrecommended him to us; and we are most pleased with both doctors.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Best experiance from the staff to the visit with the doctor

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Shahan is an amazing doctor, I will recommend him for ones care. The office is efficient and well trained staff. I Recommend the office, you will not be disappointed!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Shahan and his staff are great. For over 10 years he has been checking my skin for sun damage. Always helpful, friendly, highly professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

doctor and staff are outstanding...would recommend his practice to anyone needing dermatology care

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Shahan for two years now, and have had two mikes removed by him (and have had Botox by him as well). He is very knowledgable and has a very friendly staff.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Dr Shahan is through, efficient, friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

I was so happy with the treatment I received on my first visit. I was referred by my plastic surgeon because Dr. Shahan is a dermatologic surgeon experienced in Mohs surgery, a microscopic technique for skin problems. First, I was shown into the exam room on time. The medical assistant, Yvette, must have asked my permission twenty times making sure I understood exactly what to expect and patiently answering every question I could think up. Next the physician's assistant, Burna, examined me literally from head to toe. I don't know who asked more questions, her or me, but they were all answered. Dr. Shahan reexamined me double checking Burna's observations and removed lab specimens from two areas. During my visit the whole staff seemed dedicated to keeping me completely informed and absolutely comfortable. A week later the surgery took less time than my first office visit. Yesterday was my post surgery follow-up visit. I could see no evidence that the surgery ever happened.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Fred F. Shahan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)