Ratings for Dr. AL Melnychuk

very good DR and a good friend always treated me with respect and was never shy on putting me through a pile of tests to get to the bottom of my problem

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

He has a great sense of humour and really gets to the point quickly. He was knowledgeable and got my tests started immediately. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

this doctor rweally knows what hes talking about and is very helpful

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

He has been rude, sarcastic, and disrespectful to his patient and his pati8ent's family. He lacks empathy and compassion. He has made demeaning comments about his patient and the patient's rights to treatment, stating that some treatments are a waste of time. Dr. Melnychuk lacks apropriate communication skills. He is NOT recommended.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Unfortunately it feels that this doctor no longer has the very best interests of his patients at heart. Perhaps he is carrying way too much baggage or even just plain burnt out, whichever the case he needs to realise that he is in fact there to care for his patients. He expects to be treated with respect and so do the people that see him. No one deserves to be belittled and treated poorly by him. He once was a wonderful doctor, highly regarded by patients and peers alike...now it is difficult to find many that speak highly of him. Maybe he just needs some time off to regroup. Whatever is causing him to be condescending and disrespectful to people may be "curable" by some quality time off. One can hope. It's sad and unfortunate that I now feel this way....I had always liked this doctor as a physician and person and to me personally I do find the manner in which our medical relationship came to an end very disconcerting and truly sad. I do, however, wish him well.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Worse doctor I've seen. Misdiagnosed. I was told I had a tumor. Asked for MRI..he refused. I was operated on ..complete historectomy...no tumour found..all organs were healthy. This was a completely unnecesary operation that could have been avoided. I found out later when I requested my records that it had been recommended to him to send me for an MRI. Very rude and obnoxious about the whole thing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

The best Dr. in Trail, never wasted your time, sent you to a specialist if necessary, direct, and friendly, knowledgeable about many many diciplines including socio-economics. Would recommend him to my mother.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Personally I think this Doctor is a very knowledgable, caring and compassionate doctor. I find that he is one that does expect you to participate in your own care, too, and not expect a miracle pill to make you better. He's very much a realist and has a wonderful straight forward manner. He does have a very wry sense of humour as well. Would I recommend him? Yes, indeed!!!! He takes the time to discuss with you what the situation is, what it requires, what the medications will and won't do if there are any to be prescribed, what the long term effect of the medications could be, what the treatment and care will or should be, but again he expects you to do your part to get well. I like the feeling that he isn't patronizing me and I'm not wasting his time.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

I was a patient for over ten years until I moved. He was always kind, patient and compassionate. I always felt comfortable with him and felt that he was geniunely concerned about my well being.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

I didn't mind Dr. Melnychuk at all, he was always thourough with me, maybe not as thourough as a specialist. I found the receptionist in the clinic to be a bit rude sometimes but Dr. Melnychuk was always easy to talk to and helped or made referals if he had to...... sorry for the other comments bad experiences but mine were nothing of that sort. I have since moved away but if I were still living in Trail I would see him again in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007