Ratings for Dr. Margaret B. Mekai-Vekima

I like her but you have to wait FOREVOR! I have never waited less than an hour to see her. Also, the walls are paper thin, so you can hear everything that is going in in the room next door.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I've been seeing her since I moved to this area about 6 years ago. I will not be returning as I've just reached my limit with her staff, the office and her. They double and triple book appointments so you will ALWAYS wait about an hour before you are seen. She is nice enough, but not very professional and like another reviewer commented, she answered her cell phone for a personal call while seeing me more than once. Every time I go in, the office staff has completely changed so there is a high turnover rate. When I call, they give me attitude and don't want to be bothered with me. The last time few times I've gone in, I've left so irate, that I swear I won't go back, but then I wondered if it was just me, but the last time I went in, there were 2 people in the waiting room with the same complaints as mine and another one came in to request his file be sent to another doctor because he was switching. I would not recommend this place.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

DR Mekahi is very personable and doesn't try to rush you out of the office. She makes you feel like you're her number patient.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I've been seeing this doctor for a few years and would not recommend her. I have never gone in and waited less than one hour for my appt. and then my time with her is rushed because she is so behind. I'm not sure of her actual knowledge, but she will write you a prescription right away for anything. The last time two times I saw her, she actually answered her cell phone while she was in the room with me (personal call) which was the last straw for me. I will not be going back and will be looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010