Ratings for Dr. Joel E. Buchanan

I have been a patient of Dr B for over 10 years and have always found him to be caring and takes time to explain whatever questions I have. I can call the office any time and know I will get A + service. Every referral to a specialist has also been spot on since I trust him I trust who her refers me to. ( of course with a healthy dose of Google search) the office staff is great...never had to wait over 10 minutes and its never taken more than 1 try to draw my blood.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Dr Buchanan always takes the time required to understand my condition, provide treatment and answer any questions I may have. He is everything you are looking for in a PCP and will refer you to specialists as needed. In my case he provided the specialists and tests to diagnose and treat my esophageal cancer. I would not be in remission today if Dr Buchanan had not provided such excellent care.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Would not recommend this Dr. or his associates. I was misdiagnosed, diagnosis was celulitious.... Ended up week later in emergency room... It was a blood clot. That was an associate Dr Raffin. Also, dosage on a depressant upped, I told him at the time if the office visit, I was feeling better. Never really checked on the reason for taking the medication, I had been put on it by my previous doctor. Doesn't listen. I am not comfortable with his judgement.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I agree with other comments. No eye contact and little med instruction or explanation of condition. Doctor either reading file on computer or reading file. Rushed. Arrogant.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Have seen him for many years. Find him co-operative and willing and able to discuss problems. Has always had the right answers for our health problems.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Whole family has been going for years. Followed from Shelby. Not had any "bad" experiences, but they could be a little more personable, for sure. Wish Dr. Buchanan could be more descriptive, when explaining conditions! It's kinda more like "here...take this..because I said so". Other than that, not too bad. Had much worse!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Formerly in Shelby Township. There are computers in each exam room. While in with the doctor he is either reading your file or typing. Very little eye contact and didn't feel like he was listening to me. Arrorgant attitude.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2006

Dr. Joel E. Buchanan's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Workers Comp