Ratings for Dr. Karen E. Hayes

Waiting for 50 minutes to be seen by Dr. Hayes. End of their day coming so I would not expect comprehensive evaluation. One other patient waiting as I left without waiting any longer to be seen.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Jen Allen is the only medical professional worth seeing in this office. Hayes does not have an LPN, but a receptionist turned medical assistant. When I pushed the issue, she dropped me as a patient. The office is shared with a cosmetic enhancement spa, and there is a fundraising bucket for a pro-life charity at the front desk. I'm sure KH knows her stuff, but I didn't like working with her.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Hayes is wonderful. Her medical knowledge was obvious in talking to her and she is so kind and actually cares about you as a person. Her nurse midwife, Jennifer Allen is also great. She takes the time to explain everything to her patient's. I appreciate knowing who I will see each time I go in. Great group of women who truly practice as a service to women in the community.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I have very good experience at Dr hayes office. She has been delivered my two babies. She is so kind, patient, and supportive. She held my hands when i panic during labor, comforted me. I will never forget that. She gives me very useful information about balanced diet and helped me to deal with gestational diabetes. I learned a lot from her. Dr hayes never pushed me to a c section even when i pushed for three hours during my first delivery. She was with me, held towel for me, so i can push better. For second delivery, it was at midnigt And it was a really fast one. Dr hayes spent more than four hours at hospital with me and delivered the baby at six in the morning. She has to go to clinic and work at eight. Almost no sleep And i know this happens very often, since she is the only ob doctor at the clinic. Dr hayes spends all her time with patients and almost never has vacations. I feel really lucky to be her patient.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I have been her patient for 10 years and she is kind and compassionate. Due to deliveries, which can not be scheduled, one can at times wait for her. She tries to give each patient the time for their appointment.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Karen was late for all my appointments. The office refused to give me Karen's c section rate twice. Everyone of my friends that has used Karen has hated her bedside manner, including me. She is very rough and forceful with her hands in your vagina and wont listen when you tell her to stop. She never had tume to answer my questions. She made rude, not helpful, comments about my weight, and im a healthy BMI. If you use Karen, beware. This is an important decision and you need to protect you and your baby. C sections are not the way but she will make some excuse up about how you need one, leaving a nasty scar for the rest of your life! It is well known that karen wants her patients to have c sections because its a scheduled procedure and karen would rather sleep at night than be bothered by waiting for a natural childbirth. Karen does not support natural childbirth despite what they say;( so im changing doctors after 5 months and doing my research.

Submitted August 3, 2014

At 34 weeks pregnant, I ended up transferring out of Dr. Hayes' practice. I really hate to do that at the end of my pregnancy, but the imcompetence of her nurses and office staff are just too much to handle.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. Hayes is great. Her office staff is HORRIBLE. The office staff does not know how to schedule appointmetns and has scheduled me for an ultrasound at the wrong week of my pregnancy 4x in 26 weeks. It's frustrating taking time off work only to arrive at the office and discover that I won't be getting an ultrasound when I was told I would. The billing system is HORRIBLE! I asked for an invoice and was told they can't print invoices and she offered to write down what I owe on a Post-It note. Dr. Hayes' nurse told me many times to take ibuprofen for pain/discomfort duirng pregancy. Dr. Hayes steps in the room and says "whatever you do DON'T take ibuprofen!". The nurses need to get their facts straight before dispensing "helpful" information. The times I have left Dr. Hayes' office feeling frustrated are too numerous to count. I am only 26 weeks along and am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but am worried that she will continue to disappoint for the remainder of my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

I love Dr. Hayes!! This is my first pregnancy and I was kind nervous at the beginning. Dr. Hayes was with me for the whole 41 weeks and of course in the delivery room. She is very knowledgeable, support,patient and humorous. She is also very gentle and I didn't even notice she did the pap smear tests, cervix exams... since she could make me totally relax. On the big day, Dr. Hayes came to the delivery room when my husband and I just arrived the hospital (not like most OBs who show up at the last minute). She did all the cervix check and even did perineal message for me. she slept at hospital the night i was in labor.I pushed for almost three hours and she was with me the whole time, holding the towel for me that I could push better. I feel she really cares about me and I totally trust her. I will definitely go to her for my second pregnancy. It is true that sometime i have to wait in an appointment when she is behind the schedule but it worth the waiting!

Submitted August 3, 2012

I love Dr. Hayes, but reading these reviews reminds me that she is not for everyone. She took care of me during my pregnancy and delivered my first child. I absolutely plan to go back to her when I'm pregnant with my second. She's incredibly kind and knowledgeable-but she does tend to go on a bit and has strong opinions about things (although I think she is totally willing to hear what your opinion is to, and honor that, as far as labor stuff). My husband was not a fan because of this, but I loved her and felt like she TRULY cared about my health. Like I said, she may not be for everyone, but if you want a doctor that is very experienced and knowledgeable and who actually cares, Dr. Hayes is fantastic. If you want a doctor that wants you to dictate your care to them, then she's probably not for you.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Dr. Karen E. Hayes's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Fort Collins, CO