Ratings for Dr. Barry Saffran

The office staff fit me in at the last minute for a new patient. I gave a 5 star rating on punctually because the office staff and Dr. were very apologetic and kept me informed about the lateness.The Dr. was behind when I arrived but I was told that up front. Everyone along the way was polite and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Saffran

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I want to emphasize how attentive and assuring Dr. Saffran was during my procedure.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

I have had problems with toes for approximately one year. This is the first doctor that listened to my concerns and diagnosis the problem. Very happy with the experience. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Very pleased and feel very confident I will have good sucess

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

My patient history with Dr. Saffran and Nodelman : I have been a patient of Dr. Saffran since about 1988 (yes, I DO qualify for Senior Citizen`s discount at the gym). I was initially referred to Dr. Saffran by my family physician for treatment of foot problems resulting from a congenital flat foot condition that required treatment. This referral was necessary as my foot problem required a specialist`s skill and required advanced expertise in foot and ankle problems. I have been treated by both Dr. Saffran and Dr. Nodelman for various foot or ankle “issues” and injuries over the past twenty-nine years. In the past ten years, I have had an ankle surgery performed by Dr. Saffran and a toe surgery performed by Dr. Nodelman. I am scheduled for another procedure to remedy a minor issue associated with my foot (my size 15 feet are “maintenance intensive”). I have consulted with other doctors as I subscribe to the premise that it is advisable to get a second opinion when facing the possibility of any significant medical procedure. My impressions of Dr. Saffran and Nodelman: I trust both doctors. I also find both doctors highly competent, very personable and I have a sense that they remain up-to-date in the latest medical and technological progress in the field of podiatry. My ankle surgery in 2008 was successful and has remedied the problem that I sought treatment for. I feel that it is a testament to Dr. Saffran`s skill in that I have not had a recurrence of the problem and the fact that I have NOT had to have the operation redone (how often has one heard of the necessity of someone having knee or other surgeries that have to be redone? “Do it once, do it right” is obviously the mantra of these professionals). As with my ankle surgery, my recent toe surgery performed by Dr. Nodelman was likewise successful in addressing my problem. Prior to surgery, I sought a second opinion regarding the proposed medical procedure. The independent surgeon corroborated the conclusion and recommendations of Dr. Nodelman. This doctor “peer reviewed” Dr. Nodelman and favorably commented on Dr. Nodelman. My impressions of the office staff and medical technicians: A trip to a doctor`s office should not be an ordeal nor should a patient feel like their time matters little. The administrators and medical technicians bring efficiency to each of my office visits that is refreshing and greatly appreciated. This efficiency transcends the mere routine processing of a patient; each member of the medical staff brings a blend of personality and warmth to their jobs that ensure that a visit is a pleasant experience. Another benefit that I greatly appreciate is the appointment reminders generated by the office staff. I have never forgotten an appointment nor have I mistaken my appointed time. Conclusions and recommendation: Dr. Saffran and Nodelman are board-rated surgeons; practitioners with advanced skills and experience who bring unique pleasant personalities and a dedication to their patients. I have been a patient continually since 1988 as I feel that each of these two doctors is an outstanding and highly competent physician. Two surgeries and a handful of treatments have convinced me. If you`re looking for a podiatrist and you want the best; your search is done.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Saffran showed great concern and care for my foot. As a diabetic, my wife and I both learned how important regular visits are for my feet. Until I visited here for a couple ingrown toenails, I didn't realize how important it was to see a podiatrist or risk possibly losing my toe, part of my foot, or my entire foot to diabetes. Dr. Saffran takes great care of his patients educating them on the importance of taking care of their feet especially when they are a diabetic. He has removed one of my ingrown toenails and he showed great concern and care with my big toe as it was slow to heal because of my diabetes and my natural slow healing process. He will be removing the other ingrown toenail in December and I would not go anywhere else. There are closer podiatrists here in Manassas but I rather travel to Fairfax for the best and the best is Dr. Saffran.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Highly recommend Dr. Saffran for any foot and ankle issues. Had a severe ingrown toe nail. He took care of it and no issues remain after 6 weeks. He's interacts in a wonderful manner and his staff is very friendly and professional in all aspects!!!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr Saffran was able to fit in an impression for orthodics on my first visit.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I was very cmfortable today, felt I was in good hands all the way.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Very good visit. Learned about my issue and more. Dr. Saffran and his medical staff were professional, courteous and so helpful.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Barry Saffran's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Amerigroup