Ratings for Dr. Martin J. Hancock

I am pregnant with fraternal twin girls, and I was in for a glucose test and a growth scan (ultrasound) for this appointment. I was left waiting so long after my ultrasound that they had to take me out of the room and do the glucose test and bring me back and I STILL had to wait. By far this is the longest I have waited in this practice since this pregnancy began 28 weeks ago. Eventually he did come into the office, and we talked. They found a size difference between the girls on the ultrasound, he wanted me to go to an MFM office for another ultrasound. After telling me that my only job in this pregnancy is to be an incubator to grow these babies and I need to relax. When they called for the appointment for 4 days later I was unable to take due to a previous engagement he flat out told me OVER the PHONE while I was an HOUR from home "Do you want your baby to DIE?" Needless to say I was seriously upset by this and will be filing a formal complaint with more detail.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I love Dr Hancock. He has a great bed side manner and he is very kind & patient. He has a great sense of humor and is very knowledgeable. I would recommend him to anyone. Kelly Gallahue Manchester,CT

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

I waited for over an hour on the examination table (with no pants on) for Dr. Hancock to come examine me. I finally gave up and tried to leave, but an MA caught me and said Dr. Hancock wanted me to have an ultrasound, which I DID NOT NEED. After the ultrasound I was sent back to an exam room where I waited another 20 minutes pantless on the table before Dr. Hancock finally came in and said, "So, looks like you're having a miscarriage!" Not my idea of a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2009

Do not see this doctor, I had a horrible experience with this doctor. The technician who did my ultrasound was very unexperienced. She couldn't find out that I was having internal periods for a few months after D&C surgery with this doctor. I had to have 2 D&Cs for one miscarriage and for 6 months I have been having internal periods because my cervix was was scar shut, and finally they fixed me, but one year after, I find another doctor, who examines me and find out that I have uterine scar tissues caused by my previous D&Cs. Do not see this doctor if you want to do any surgery? He is not a good surgeon for such small procedure, go to see specialist for surgery or even 2nd opinion if you need a surgery. Until now, I still have to deal with the damage he has done for me for his unresponsible and unprofessional technique.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Finally a doctor with personality and human compassion. This was my first visit with Dr. Hancock. Made me feel very comfortable and informative regarding my health condition. If you are in search of a good ob/gyn in Manchester area, please consider Dr. Hancock.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

This doctor took care of me when I presented with pre-term labor with my daughter. He did a phenomenal job looking deeper into the cause of the labor and promptly found a way to stop it so my daughter could continue to grow inside of me. He has wonderful bedside manner and great knowledge in his field.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

This doctor delivered my two oldest children. He is knowledgable and helpful. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2006

Dr. Martin J. Hancock's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Manchester, CT