Ratings for Dr. Arun Mehta

I've had Dr. Mehta as my family doctor for many years, and i think i've hit a point where i just want to switch now. He's constantly throwing steroids and trying different medications at me to see which works. For God's sake, patients are not your experiment guinea pigs! I've suffered from a chronic condition for almost 2-3 years, and it took him long enough to finally refer me to a specialist who is actually acting on it pretty fast. He puts you on medications and then doesn't even recall why he did. I'm just tired of taking 3-4 medications each day, and still not feeling any better. Guys, please save yourself from trauma and go to another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Appointment was for 10:45 got seen at 11:20. Was supposed to get a Tb, I was nervous and he just walked out the room and said some really rude things to me

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Not helpful & and not punctual. Sometime he is rude and not bother to listen. Also the receptionist has same issue. They dont have customer service ettiques and rude to patients.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

You should report him to the College of Physicians and Surgeons maybe they will revoke his license and discipline him for being incompetent ! Anonymous: Former Patient

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

My father went to Dr Mehta because he was feeling chest pain. Dr Mehta didn't even do any tests and gave my dad gastric medicines. My dad's pain increased a lot so my mother and aunt sent him to Rouge Valley hospital. There we found out my father had pancreatic cancer. We told Dr Mehta about it and he apologized. Sorry doesn't make up for everything!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

One of the worst docs I have ever been to. He literally talks to you while having one foot outside the door it feels like. He is always in a rush to leave the room without even talking to you, explaining anything. His favorite thing is to prescribe pain killers, that's his solution to everything. Money hungry, double-books patients and all he cares about is seeing as many patients in one day without actually caring for them. One time i went to him to get a second opinion on my hernia scare. I had already seen another hernia specialized clinic and they said I don't have hernia. But as I had already booked an appointment with Mehta, i still went. I asked him to see if i had hernia, he made me lay down, asked me to cough and said yes I have hernia, I was shocked. I then said well Shouldice clinic (hernia specialist) said I don't hernia. He tells me, "Oh! They said you don't have hernia? Yeah then you don't have hernia" . I was left in shock seeing the way he dealt with me and the way he wrongly diagnosed. It was shocking!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

I personally think Dr. may tear is a good doctor. He answers any questions you have and he deafly listens to any concerned. If you were looking for a Doctor Who want to spend time with you and truly care for you and hold your hand kind of type of thing, Dr. Mehta is not good for you. He comes in and he is very quick he tries to get through all his patients since He has so many! He’s always helped me with everything I’m in need and you can book on a Appointment the same day which I think is pretty cool!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Dr Mehta listens to my concers and always comes up with a solution, or refers me to a specialist. He is friendly and to the point. He is a great family Dr for me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

If your sick stay far away from this guy because he won't help you. I've been there a few times and he would spend about 20-30 seconds with you then run out the door. Fractured finger ...his solution- cough syrup, back problems...his solution -let me get my popsicle stick. Do everyone a favor and throw in the towel you shouldn't be anywhere near patients because you have no patience :) . Staff have been there since the plaza was built and also need to go home. Thank you Dr. Mehta for all the years you helped me with nothing.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

He has been my family doctor for many years. I am fed up with him now. Staff is very rude and are not punctuall at all. the doctor wouldnt give you more than a couple mins leaving you with unanswerred questions. definately a bad choice ive made.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Arun Mehta's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1982)

AARP