Ratings for Dr. Mark Heard

I had my ACL reconstructed and meniscus repaired in 2008 at Banff Mineral Springs hospital by Dr. Mark Heard. That was 9 years ago! I have never looked back. I have been pain free and not a moments worry. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr Heard and the Mineral Springs hospital. Thank you for the quality of life you have restored by giving me a stable knee. I continue to exercise regularly and I am grateful to be able to go skiing tomorrow. (Yes I continue to use my knee brace)

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Heard did an ACL and meniscus repair on my child. He is the best surgeon ever. He did a complete exam on my child that had not happened with her previous physician. He communicated very well on his plan to us and asked about our opinion. He is so confident, knows what he is doing, excellent knowledge. I found Dr. Heard a sincere, expert, down to earth physician, and with excellent bed side manners. We were given a complete info package to understand the surgery and hospital stay well. My child is recovering well. He saved my child's knee, and all I have to say is a BIG THANK YOU! He is an excellent physician and human being. The hospital stay was very well organized.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Excellent tx and follow up. Can't speak highly enough about Dr. Heard!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I had a shoulder stabilization surgery with Dr Heard and it was the best treatment I've ever received at a hospital. The surgery went very quick and smoothly. All our appointments were organized well in advanced, everything was well planned and thought out. The hospital in Banff is small, and very nice and clean. Overall a very good experience.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

so far my knee feels grate and everythings going smoothly thank you dr. mark heard for all your help

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I had the best experience with Dr. Heard and his staff. I was scared out of my mind and everyone took great care of me. Dr. Heard is down to earth and such a sweet guy. He has a lot of patients so you don't get a lot of time with him which can be a downer. I have heard a lot of horror stories from friends who have gotten their acl's reconstructed and I have seen so many people re injured who have gotten their surgeries down else where. That was never a worry for me. I was set up with my surgery, knee brace appointment and everything well in advance. All in all a great experience, great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Everything that I've been old about Dr. Heard points to him being one of the top knee surgeons around. He might very well be. But my experience hasn't been great. He's nice but did a poor job of giving me information. Every appointment and consultation was a max of 10 minutes. I never got to see my MRI, X-rays or post op report. I had a completely different surgery than we discussed and woke up with a hamstring graft, something we never discussed as a possibility. I re tore my ACL as soon as I got back into action. I have new surgeons telling he that the tunnels that were used for my graft are more than double the size they should be. This directly lead to my re injury. The graft was just flopping around in there. Now in need at least two additional surgeries to clean this up. And these are all things that Dr. Heard missed on my last consultation. He never even looked to the MRI, he mostly just demonstrated to a medical student how he could take my knee in and out of socket (something that left me limping for 2 weeks after the appointment BTW). Anyways. I went to U of C for a consult. They spent 90 min with me and brought in multiple people to talk through my options and inform me of all the issues. They were great. I'm sure most people have had great experiences, I however am quite frustrated at the mess my knee has become. I felt better walking around with my fist torn ACL than I did after a year of intense rehab from his surgery.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr mark heard is a great doctor he saved my knee everything he promised was on time. Bedside manner was great the team was helpful and very friendly. My very complicated surgery was perfect thank you Dr mark

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. Heard is very good at his job. He did a large complicated surgery on my knee. I had great results, my knee is very tight again. His bedside manner is great and his positive attitude is very infectious. The Banff hospital was clean and the staff friendly and good at their jobs as well. I didn't mind the long wait time because I knew it would be worth it. I am very grateful Dr. Heard found the time to do my knee surgery. I could not be happier with the results.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

As nice as Dr. Heard is and as good at what he does he is a waste of time I was promised surgery in december and after calling and calling again and again FINALLY got ahold of them IN JANUARY and they told me I was scheduled for June... 6 months after what he told me. They do not take others pain into account I have no dislocated my shoulder in 3 months and he expects me to wait till June to get it fixed when I was waiting since last july to get it done in december! Such a waste of time I could have been half received by now if he didn't give me false hope. I currently now am waiting for surgery in the states because he could not keep his word

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015