Ratings for Dr. Mark Heard

Excellent tx and follow up. Can't speak highly enough about Dr. Heard!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

I had a shoulder stabilization surgery with Dr Heard and it was the best treatment I've ever received at a hospital. The surgery went very quick and smoothly. All our appointments were organized well in advanced, everything was well planned and thought out. The hospital in Banff is small, and very nice and clean. Overall a very good experience.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

so far my knee feels grate and everythings going smoothly thank you dr. mark heard for all your help

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I had the best experience with Dr. Heard and his staff. I was scared out of my mind and everyone took great care of me. Dr. Heard is down to earth and such a sweet guy. He has a lot of patients so you don't get a lot of time with him which can be a downer. I have heard a lot of horror stories from friends who have gotten their acl's reconstructed and I have seen so many people re injured who have gotten their surgeries down else where. That was never a worry for me. I was set up with my surgery, knee brace appointment and everything well in advance. All in all a great experience, great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Everything that I've been old about Dr. Heard points to him being one of the top knee surgeons around. He might very well be. But my experience hasn't been great. He's nice but did a poor job of giving me information. Every appointment and consultation was a max of 10 minutes. I never got to see my MRI, X-rays or post op report. I had a completely different surgery than we discussed and woke up with a hamstring graft, something we never discussed as a possibility. I re tore my ACL as soon as I got back into action. I have new surgeons telling he that the tunnels that were used for my graft are more than double the size they should be. This directly lead to my re injury. The graft was just flopping around in there. Now in need at least two additional surgeries to clean this up. And these are all things that Dr. Heard missed on my last consultation. He never even looked to the MRI, he mostly just demonstrated to a medical student how he could take my knee in and out of socket (something that left me limping for 2 weeks after the appointment BTW). Anyways. I went to U of C for a consult. They spent 90 min with me and brought in multiple people to talk through my options and inform me of all the issues. They were great. I'm sure most people have had great experiences, I however am quite frustrated at the mess my knee has become. I felt better walking around with my fist torn ACL than I did after a year of intense rehab from his surgery.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr mark heard is a great doctor he saved my knee everything he promised was on time. Bedside manner was great the team was helpful and very friendly. My very complicated surgery was perfect thank you Dr mark

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. Heard is very good at his job. He did a large complicated surgery on my knee. I had great results, my knee is very tight again. His bedside manner is great and his positive attitude is very infectious. The Banff hospital was clean and the staff friendly and good at their jobs as well. I didn't mind the long wait time because I knew it would be worth it. I am very grateful Dr. Heard found the time to do my knee surgery. I could not be happier with the results.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

As nice as Dr. Heard is and as good at what he does he is a waste of time I was promised surgery in december and after calling and calling again and again FINALLY got ahold of them IN JANUARY and they told me I was scheduled for June... 6 months after what he told me. They do not take others pain into account I have no dislocated my shoulder in 3 months and he expects me to wait till June to get it fixed when I was waiting since last july to get it done in december! Such a waste of time I could have been half received by now if he didn't give me false hope. I currently now am waiting for surgery in the states because he could not keep his word

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I honestly would have to say that this was by far the best beside manner I have ever experienced in my life at the hospital upon every visit, Dr Mark Heard was highly recommend by my sports medicine doctor as well as several friends who have had the wonderful opportunity to experience him as a surgeon. I jumped at the opportunity to choose my own surgeon when I found out no surgeon in bc would or could touch my knee or do the surgery my knee required. My sports medicine doctor referred me after I searched fast and wide for the best surgeon in Canada and I could not be happier with everything overall. I highly recommend this surgeon to everyone and anyone.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I had a consultation with Dr. Heard regarding a torn meniscus in my knee. He was very thorough in his examination and I don't think he knew what my MRI report said beforehand, so he had an open mind during the examination and then confirmed it by looking at the scan images (and explaining to me as we flipped through them, which was quite interesting). He answered all my questions and I felt quite comfortable with him as a surgeon. I am now just waiting to hear when my surgery date will be. The one thing that took me by surprise - apparently most arthroscopies and smaller scale surgeries are actually done in Golden, BC! We weren't aware of that before the appointment - I thought everything was done in Banff. So keep that in mind depending what type of surgery you are in for! Timing: I waited about 3.5 months from my referral until I had my consultation, and then was told 4-6 months wait for the surgery.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014