Ratings for Dr. Mark Gallow

The worst doctor ever! Was so unwilling to see me. I quote, 'It's not my responsibility'. What kind of professional person even says that? I was floored, the only thing I could think of was, why is he even a doctor! Save your time, people, find a better doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr Gallow has been my family doctor since I was a teenager. He's both my brothers and their wives Doctor, my sons father,pretty much all my aunts and uncles in my moms side of the family. And he was my moms Doctor. He has always been super helpful. And he gets to the point! He isn't a pill pusher. Complete opposite actually! And I love that. He got me a obgyn ASAP when I was pregnant with my son, because I had a complicated pregnancy. Nancy his nurse is such a sweet heart always fits me in for an appointment. 👌🏻🙌🏻

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I’ve been Doctor Gallow’s patient since 2007 (roughly around then), and I have always been very pleased with the care he has provided. I believe he is very intelligent, extremely knowledgeable, and I trust him completely. Yesterday I had an appointment with him because of a few unrelated medical concerns I had. He took the time to listen and offered sound medical advice, explaining everything very clearly, and with kindness. I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor and would highly recommend him to anyone. I will also add that his nurse, Diane, is fantastic….makes you feel at home when you’re there.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

He may know a little about hdhd in kids but as far as a good doctor...not

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr Gallow sent me to a specialist and I was not happy with the specialist told me a needed an operation he had never seen me before and had my x-rays in his hand he asked me what knee it was right away I thought why doesn't he know he has the x-rays (hello) . I told specialist I have to think about it on the way out I'm thinking to myself no way are you not touching me. I went back to Gallow repeated what happened and asked to see someone else for a second opinion. Gallow asked me if I send you to someone else will you do what they say I said it depends on what they say he answered then I am not referring you to anyone. by then he was raising his voice and then I was shouting back at him. I left so upset thinking why can't I have another opinion. After suffering about 3 years later now my other knee is getting bad I asked Gallow to refer me to a specialist that I chose he hesitated and he could see I was getting upset he said I will send you to anyone you want he most likely won't take you as a patient because he is to far away from your area, and if he doesn't you can go back to the first specialist. Well to his surprise the new specialist that I chose accepted me and asked for x-rays of my knees Gallow instead asked for chest x-rays ??? I drove 120 miles to my appt. with new Dr. and he examined me and said lets look at the knee x-ray guess what no x-rays on knees just the chest x-ray were sent to him so nothing could be done and this specialist wants me to lose weight which when I asked Gallow about a diet he told to stop eating. lol He never examined me the entire time I went to him once he looked at my ears that it and all he would do is face the computer never looked at me when asking me questions just faced the computer.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Given medication in January which caused me belly pain. Went back to him, told him about it and he gave me another medication..did not even feel my stomach to see if it was because of anything else. These meds should have no side effects...so he should have checked. The whole time, he didn't even look at me...he never does. Now it's June and I'm booked for surgery in London- Ovarian cancer. Give your patients the time of day Doctor!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Sometimes mean and can have a temper. Should be nicer to his patients.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

A year ago I WAS a patient. I was in the office sobbing over how much pain I was in. My hands and legs were swollen. I was sitting crying and wringing my hands. He did not examine my hands, in fact he never even looked up from the computer. Well I am having surgery in both hands now. I have nerves pinched in my neck and back. And many other things going on. FYI Dr gallow, you should examine patients before you determine lack of care. You disgust me!!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have been seeing him for about 5 years now. I am very pleased with his care. Whenever I have called for a same day appointment, his nurse has always managed to squeeze me in.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

A waste of our time, DrGallow glued to computer, did not once look at us. Wife: Told DrG thyroid was responding to Nascent Iodine, my hands not cold/tingling for the 1st time in decades- DrG asked if my Dr.Abc was a nathuropath? With my YES, DrG became confrontational, said I likely didn't suffer from hypothyroidism (confirmed by lab work). I endured a coconut oil rant. Husband: Iron excess & father who suffered MI/iron overload, I requested a referral to let blood @ hospital (referral needed after MI/triple bypass, as RedCross won't accept MI patients). DrG refused. Lab work of 80-300 indicates normal iron stores/my score is 427. TOLD that EVERY heart patient needs to be on the same drugs, my BP is 107/70 & dangerously lower on beta blockers/ACE inhibitors. Out of space 4 more..We shouldn't have to endure ego maniacs unwilling to make eye contact- for OHIP paid lab work. MDs & NDs work together to help US HEAL @ cellular level- not mask symptoms/create side effects with Rx toxicants!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011