Ratings for Dr. Andy Reed

Excellent knowledge and advice from Dr Reed on my injury.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Very knowledgeable; caring and compassionate. Up to date on the latest treatments for sports injuries and arthritis - all my peers see Dr Reed for management of their arthritic complaints! I'm not sure where the negative comments below come from. Unfortunately if you are hugely overweight and inactivethen the first bit of advice you need to hear is to lose weight. I guess some people don't like to hear that.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

FABULOUS doctor!  I've had the pleasure of having Dr. Reed as both my family doctor and now sport medicine doctor.  There is no one whose opinion I trust more than his.  He has helped me countless times through injuries and is a huge reason why I am participating in running today.  He is not afraid to give you honest expectations and won't sugar coat things (even when you would rather hear that!)  In office diagnostic ultrasound unit is super cool and can help you avoid waiting for other imaging.  Talks you through any in office procedure, making sure you are informed and comfortable.  Also not afraid to refer to specialists, if needed, and has a fabulous referral network. Knowledgeable, professional and compassionate...The best!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Having had the pleasure of working with many other physicians, I can say that Dr Reed takes his job seriously - he stays up to date on recent research, is always willing to learn, does not jump to needing oral medication or injections, and loves helping residents of the Bow Valley getting back to the activities they love most.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Arrogant and selective of who he feels worthy to help . Negative towards helping older women and just said lose weight. While he sees himself as a gate keeper to accessing the surgeons he does not provide quality service. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

I certainly do not understand the negative comments below. I know many people who go to him and are really are pleased with their care. I personally had a great experience. He listens and cares about your injury. I would highly recommend Dr. Reed as an excellent Sports Doctor.

Submitted September 2, 2017

This was to say the least a complete let down! Rude,abrupt ,arrogant & condisending! I had actually looked forward to this appointment, for the lengthy time had to wait to get in! So imagine my disappointment when I was rushed through in less than 28 minutes, and basically laughed at for my concern about my very painful injury! I too provided documentation from scans from a well respected sports Dr. , which he completely dismissed. I think maybe if you are a distance cyclist or endurance runner who is trying to be a trendy vegan who is 35 or younger and want to compare adventures than this is your guy! If you are older and don't want to be made to feel like your not worth bothering about because you don't share interest in his chosen sporting activities than my advice would be find someone else. I'm inclined to agree with the less than positive reviews left by others in February, March, and June of this year Prehaps this Dr. , should brush up on his listening and people skills!!!! Complete Jackass!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I think Dr. Reed is fantastic -- knowledgable, helpful, kind, and very sensitive to my needs as an older (over 50) active woman.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Doctor Reed has little empathy for individuals experiencing pain and discomfort. He is unwilling to support the needs of patients that have been injured and that are older. He was unwilling to refer to a surgeon even though there was evidence of an injury. Discriminatory to older patients and was unwilling to provide services to active people over 50 and feels that those younger patients require services more readily than older patients. It is complicated as he offers injections for knee verses offering longer term solutions. Either way he keeps you coming back and continues to draw a profit at patience expense.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Totally apathetic, uncaring, horrible temper right out of nowhere, Scary any doctor calls his patient a liar and even with records to prove it mine 'concern over possible cancer' refuses to admit wrong or apologize having kicked you out. Warning! I'd seen him fine for years then boom out of nowhere.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017