Ratings for Dr. Shahzad Zia

He prescribed a medical regime that nearly killed my Step father. My step father was admitted to the ICU and required two blood transfusions because of this Drs's ineptitude

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I am shocked to read these comments because I know Dr Zia for last 5yrs ,He is a very good Doctor .

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Zia was friendly, comforting, reassuring and very approachable. I had a question following my office visit and no problem to call him on the phone. A very excellent doctor and I felt very comfortable and confident while in his care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

This doctor's performance is absolutely deplorable. I have never seen such ineptness demonstrated by a healthcare professional in my life. Before being introduced to this atrociously poor excuse for a Doctor I had a lot of faith in the Alberta health care system. But after witnessing his complete lack of care, knowledge and abilities. It has weakened my faith in a public system and I am confident that this waste of humanity would not last 2 minutes in a private system where people could make their own decisions about their care and who is providing it to them. I would not trust this imbesile to my worst enemy. All of my words may sound harsh, but if you could see what I have seen, you too would be shocked and horrified. Please, Dr. Zia, for everyone's sake, please stop practicing medicine and take up meat cutting? As your skills would be better put to use there instead of ****ing your patient's health and will to live!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

This MD's communication & bedside manner skills are questionable & should not be assigned terminal or seriously ill patients. In my Fathers case we litterally had to push and ask for everything.When my Father would have a chest x-ray,then ask the MD what the results were the next day and the MD didn't know. I can't believe that a MD wouldn't review all of his patients info/updates prior to making his/her rounds. This MD has people under his care and they believe he is doing everything he can to help them when in fact he is not doing anything. The most helpful for updates & options were the Cross & Pal Nurses. An example of this doctors attitude/character is a quote Dr. Zia delivered to my brother and myself prior to my Fathers radiation treatment.'Are you sure you want to put him through it when in the end it might prolong his life by one more hour or one more day' Answer-yes,this life is precious and one more hour or day is worth it. Use this MD & You will never live to regret it.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2010

If you consider from the door patient assessments, then he is definately your doctor. He informed my father, an elderly man of his imminent death when he was alone and didn't even ensure he had any family support with him. When we had a family conference he didn't even have the respect to show up for the meeting. We maybe seen him 3 times combined that was usually to inform us of yet another blow and further visits were from his resident. My aging 16 year old, toothless dog's vetinarian has more compassion and class than this individual. I would never entrust my welfare or anybody else I cared for with him.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

He was the best doctor ever!!He helped me so much and he was very kind.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008