You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan E. Hodes

Someone should report Dr. Hodes. I trusted this doctor and so I returned to him after excruciating pain sent me back to the E.R. - pain that ran up my neck and head and down my shoulder and arm - pain so severe that it brought sharp, eye-watering, cannot-sit/rest/swallow/sneeze or even cry pain. But incredulously and boldly, this neurosurgeon who performed my ACDF just 1 year prior declared that my problem was “depression.” His hallways are a circus, as he uses them to hang out with his pretty assistant plus staff members, so walking tests are far from private or dignified. As I see it, Hodes lacks maturity. After expressing concern to his staff about my balance issues (I had been falling from a standing position) mockingly, he actually baby-talked to me as one would a wobbly toddler, sticking out his lips and shaking his head side-by-side side; then when I returned to his office 6 months later - once again, Dr. Hodes mocked my instability issues - this time by "dancing" with me face-to-face (backwards) in the open hallway, mambo-style. Realization that I was dealing with a substandard medical office came just 6 weeks post ACDF when I was declared a "miracle patient" by his very sweet, very attractive, but strangely unqualified assistant who upon viewing my x-ray said that I was already "60-70% fused" - of course this is an impossibility in mere weeks. Then she observed that my titanium plate was very crooked, which brought a giggle out of her as she recalled Dr. Hodes habit of high-five-ing staff members when the plates are straight.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Dr. Hodes helped me through a large cerebral aneurysm. He performed new and up to date procedures which corrected by issues with less invasive methods than many other physicians.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I had a Microdiscectomy on 11/5/14 and Dr. Hodes and his staff have been awesome through the whole process. I had immediate relief after waking up in recovery and have continued to improve as I recover. Dr. Hodes and his office have been very professional and informative. I trust them enough where I would recommend my family to them. That's the highest compliment I give!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Could not walk or get out of bed for almost a year without pain, called and got micro d surgery for herniated disc and was pain free right after surgery 8 yrs later feel fine. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

I had heard many good things about Dr Hodes, the first time I met him he was a little odd and did not spend much time with me, he ordered some tests and said we would go from there. His nurse practitioner was very good and thorough. When my tests were completed and I returned for my visit he did spend a lot of time with me explaining the back problems I have and how we should proceed. He seems very competent and knowledgeable. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

The staff was awesome and the doctor was wonderful. Great place!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

Emergency surgery was needed (by me) in 2010. Having had Dr. Hodes as my neurosurgeon for previous surgery in 2001, I contacted his office due to his expertise and familiarity with my condition. His office informed me that he would not take me as a patient again due to the fact that my insurance had changed, and his office did not accept my current coverage because it did not pay Dr. Hodes enough for his services. This is in my opionion, shows a total lack of compassion.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Was VERY disappointed in Dr Hodes. Went to him for help after I read all the wonderful comments.He was cold, abrupt, and definitely NOT Christian! Drove over 4 hours to get there. He acted like a 10 yr old on steroids playing mad doctor! The one and only procedure that he suggested for thoracic back disc failures was a nerve block done by another doctor. His office was supposed to set it up for me....I waited 3 weeks, called them and asked what was going on...got the run around for 2 more weeks, finally called the other Doctor myself and they told me they haven't done that procedure in a year!! It was too risky! Finally I ask him about disability due to the severity of the pain and he said definitely not, your too young, (55) you have to put more money in the bank! I will never go back or refer anyone to him!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr Hodes is a man that I have all the faith in the world in. He is honest and extremely bright and the same time caring and compassionate. Hard to find these days

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

If everyone in Louisville knew about Dr. Hodes, there would be a lot less people in pain. His minimally invasive surgery transformed me from someone who couldn't walk because of the pain I was in to not even needing pain relief the day after the surgery for a blown disk. This man is amazing and you can tell that he truly cares about you. After hearing all the horror stories about back surgery I am blessed to have found Dr. Hodes.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. Jonathan E. Hodes's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Someone should report Dr. Hodes. I trusted this doctor and so I returned to him after excruciating pain sent me back to the E.R. - pain that ran up my neck and..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hodes helped me through a large cerebral aneurysm. He performed new and up to date procedures which corrected by issues with less invasive methods than many..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a Microdiscectomy on 11/5/14 and Dr. Hodes and his staff have been awesome through the whole process. I had immediate relief after waking up in recovery a..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Could not walk or get out of bed for almost a year without pain, called and got micro d surgery for herniated disc and was pain free right after surgery 8 yrs l..."

September 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=42972'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.8

February 6, 2014