Dr. Marcia A. Dover

Ratings for Dr. Marcia A. Dover

waited 45 minutes before being seen. Felt like she thought I shouldn't be there - asked why my Dr even sent me to a neurologist! Not sure if she is the right Dr for me.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Possibly the worst Dr. I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with . After Dr. Englestein retired I inherited Dr. Dover. She never read my files. Be prepared to wait an extra hour in the waiting room She saw me for Five minutes and I was left in the exam room until the staff wandered by and asked why I was still there. She sent me for unnecessary tests and never called me to give me the results. After calling numerous times to get the results, I was told that she would personally call me back to discuss the results and future treatment plan. Three weeks after Kessler Institute informed me they had forwarded the test results to Dr. Dover, I had to hound the office to have her call me. I called Every Day for about 5 days. Finally a member of her office staff (not Dr. Dover) called. They Left a message that the test showed I didn't have memory problems (MS related) and she would see me in three months. After six months of this inexcusable treatment, I attempted to switch Dr.'s within the practice as they are the only game in town in Hackettstown and Dr. Greene was recommended by a physician friend of mine. I was rudely informed that their practice will not allow you to switch Dr's I kid you not! I've never heard of anything so ridiculous I spoke with two other Dr.'s looking for recommendations who "are well aware of her practice" The Dr.'s further stated that it's a shame because she's young and has many years left in her practice. I do not know how the Medical licensing board allows her to practice. I cannot stress enough the lack of professionalism, knowledge and common courtesy that is present with this Dr. RUN do not walk away find help elsewhere!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Pretty sure she only saw me because I have decent insurance...prescient vitamin (which I have been taking daily already for years) for chronic migraines. Not even bothering with a followup visit. Waste of a day driving to see her, then waiting an hour past my appoint mentioned time to see her. Didn't feel like she cared what I had to say about what was going on with my own body...no thanks I'll take the migraine over her any day

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

I love Dr Dover she has helped with 2 problems and I have had my daughter and granddaughter go to her

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

Worst Dr I have ever encountered, would not return a phone call after six days of trying to talk to get and only the secretary called back. Put my husband on anti seizure meds for the rest of his life not looking further into his condition, no care no compassion no responsibility to her patients only about how she is getting paid. Our new doctor has taken my husband off of meds. I would terminate her licence if I could.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr Dover has been very helpful to me. I finally have my Migraines under control after more than 20 years of coping with them. She asked all the right question I went through testing bloodwork and am now on regular medication that WORKS! Never had an instance of rudeness or being talked down to. Now go on a regular 3 or 6 month basis.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Front Desk: both Sparta and Hackettstown are extremely rude. In Sparta, I was so appalled it became humorous and I asked my wife "are we on candid camera". Dr. Dover: at times I felt like I was being patronized, like I was faking the whole thing (I was diagnosed with MS). Then, via phone, she prescribed a powerful steroid IV which made me very sick; just before she left on a 3 week vacation. Vacation is fine, but I was left out in the cold. I called the office to try and see any other Dr. for help and was (rudely) told they don't allow patients to switch and I'd have to wait 6 weeks for a spot, so I might as well stick with Dr. Dover. I went to her office after 3 weeks to discuss my diagnosis. She walks in and says "did you bring your MRI results"? In other words, I waited on edge worrying my life was at stake, and she hadn't even looked at the results (which she had the whole time). The office still hasn't called to tell me the results of yet another test she ordered. I've moved on.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

she doesn't listen, is rude, and talks down to me. so far she has given me adequate advice but i actually dread going to her because she is so nasty. Talks to me like I am a bad child, scolding me. she jumps to conclusions--everything is from preexisting condition, not current accident, so workman's comp should do nothing. i don't know how she stays in business; she has been rude and doesn't spend much time listening.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr Dover never showed any concern for my complaints. She never gave my a diagnosis & all conversions were with the workers comp carrier. Test results , Xrays, Mri , Needle Emg all never discuss. I was struck by a mvoing car as a pedestrian 3 times at speeds more than 20 mph , Yet this Dr insisted it was all inm my head . Each visit was a waste of time & billled to Worker Comp but really did not treatment in any way. At one point she invited me into her office while she held a conversation with the Worker Comp carrier about me & a prior Drs test results - which I had already told them about .. Dr Dover was down right nasty, accusatory, only half listens & doesnt get it right .. Because she makes up her mind about your health & injuries before she even examines you. Her main interest is to satisfy the workers comp carrier & get them to pay her .. NOT treating patients with real & visible signs of injury . Her Purse & dollars are more important. You'll never get well iyou treat with her.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

For me, Dr. Dover rates among the middle to lower tier of neurologists. I find myself wanting a more helpful doctor to guide me in an major decision making process and assist making healthy changes to my general lifestyle. The care I received was adequate, but I felt there was room for improvement. My concerns were at times not taken seriously, and sometimes dismissed as something I need to deal with. Dr. Dover took a somewhat authoritative approach, and I do not feel she placed my thoughts equally with hers, much like a parent would with a small child. While I am not a doctor or in the medical profession, I am an intelligent person, and I do not appreciate the attitude that I am not capable of understanding "doctor talk", that decision should be left to me. I consider that an insult to my intelligence. I had chosen her originally because of the convenient location, but will be on the search for another doctor. Her staff in general has been less than pleasant, to be polite.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Marcia A. Dover's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Workers Comp