Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Benson

Dr. Benson has been my OBGYN since 2015 and has since delivered both of my children via c-section. He is the kindest, gentlest doctor I have ever had. The wait for Dr. Benson is never long and he makes himself available even if he is not in the office. I cannot say enough good about him and the entire practice!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2019

I went to my appointment with pain and he told me he can’t help me and the only thing he can give me is pain medication. I have cysts and they are large so I wanted them removed. He screamed at me telling me what do you want me to do? He said he can’t help me. I left the office and told him thanks for your help sarcastically and he followed me and apologized to me telling me I took it the wrong way and afterwards he told me he’ll take the cyst out after he treated me like that. Never go to this doctor. You would be dying of pain and he’ll give you Tylenol

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

DR Benson and his staff are exceptional. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Great doctor! He performed my e sure surgery and I had an excellent experience. Highly reccomend him

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Will not go to any other doc. Dr. Benson is very curtious and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr. Benson is amazing, kind and compassionate.. He took his time with me and made sure all of my questions were answered before I left.. Of course there can be a wait but it is well worth it. I've also seen Lynda the PA a few times and she has been nothing but a pleasure every time I have seen her. I would highly recommend them!!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I have seen Shats, Pavlides and now Benson this is my first pregnancy and I absolutely love all three. I find them all very knowledgeable, I never feel rushed when the doctor is in to talk to us. He listens and answers all of our questions. We never have a long wait I am usually in and out. I find the staff to be pretty friendly - but have seen days when their phones lines on ringing off the hook and the office is packed with clients as well that are checking in its a GYNO office you gotta expect on days and off days these women deal with hormonal women all day long :) I would highly recommended not only Benson but Shats and Pavlides as well.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr. Benson is really the best doctor that I have ever seen. I have been his patient for about 10 years now and he is very knowledgable, compassionate, caring, respectful. He listens to your concerns and guides you with his knowledge. I would really recommend Dr. Benson to every woman who really wants to be in good hands. I have so much respect for him and he really helped me with all my health problems I had. He really knows what he is doing. His staff is also very kind and helpful .

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Staff is terrible .. Physician assistant has a horrible bed side manner and is very passive with regards to patients concerns . Any time a call is done for am emergency - may as well go to ER because the staff can care less

Submitted September 11, 2014

Switched to Dr. Benson when I got married, needed a more compassionate doctor. I originally had an appointment with Dr. Pavlides as I was hesitant about a male OBGYN. I was called soon before appointment and told my time had to be rescheduled with Dr. Benson if that was ok with me. Hesitantly, I agreed and I am so glad that I did. I saw mainly dr. Benson throughout my first pregnancy and found him to be not only compassionate, but an extremely calming influence, knowledgeable, funny, and extremely diligent. Dr. Benson performed my csection last year and I actually received compliments on how well my incision site looked. During the csection, he calmed me down even though I had a very negative reaction to my epidural. He put both my husband and I at ease throughout my entire pregnancy. Dr. Pavlides and Dr. Shats are great as well, but I have not met a Dr. comparable to Dr. Benson.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Dr. Michael A. Benson's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1998)

GHI