Ratings for Dr. George K. Henry

Very nice atmosphere staff is nice best doctor ever had

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

this doctor should loose his license- he has no bed side manner, staff is awful and his medical knowledge is so limited that he doesn't even know how to answer questions asked- He actually lied about being associated with other groups in good standing and does not return phone calls or return results- he is associated with brandywine hosptial- which is like visiting a motel 6- this is entire group, hospital and set up is a disaster- please do not visit this doctor- there are so many wonderful ob/gyns in the area- do your research and go to someone who cares and knows what they are doing-

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

The receptionist are always on their phones and very rude. Whenever I call the emergency hot line they take at least 2 days to answer. I plan on switching my ob/gyn even though I am 27 weeks pregnant. They have not helped me at all with this pregnancy and I am a diabetic high risk patient! Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I had a miscarriage a year ago and went to him to confirm it, He came into the room and started to congratulate my husband and I on our first child (was in 2nd tri), I was so overwhelmed with joy thinking that I lost our child and now everything was ok, just to find out that he didn't read my file and I actually did lose the baby, He left the room for 10 minutes and came NEVER APOLOGIZED but instead started making jokes as if nothing happened. I really don't remember much afterwards since I was so upset and crying. I've lost 3 more since then, he doesn't say that I'm high risk. Im now 8.5 months pregnant, (Don't know why I went back). I have yet to have an internal exam he says I don't need one. I was never informed about tests early on in my pregnancy to find out mental illness or anything of any kind. I also have to get a new kind of glucose test which I wasn't told (after taking off my work) that I had to fast for 12 hours and the test would take 4 hours!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Do NOT have your baby by this doctor! He grabbed FISTS of my wife and ripped (first her perineum, tearing the left side, not even the episiotomy area) then during the following C-section, he cut the incision too small and GRABBED FISTS of my wife's abdomen in an attempt to TEAR IT LARGER (hardly the surgical standard of care). Needless to say her temp upon discharge was 103.5 and they didn't admit her. We went through hell and finally got a real doctor who said her abdomen was unbelievable (bruises all along her abdomen and when you grab fists of tissue in surgery, you've got neat 100% of infection, destroying all the vessels). Sterile technique was POOR AT BEST! Upon the advice of another DR working at the same hospital, "Get her away from that Dr. and go to a real hospital" which we finally did (and got her followed by infectious disease, internal medicine and a would care specialist (none of which they had). NIGHTMARE Dr! AVOID!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I have had several problems with this office come to find out that either someone over there dosent care where they put records or i have an identity theft issue--anyhow its keeping me from treatment with any other dr and also they wont see me--maybe they should check my id??

flag | Submitted November 20, 2011

Dr. Henry is a great doctor. I have been treating with him for over 10 years. Not once have I thought twice about going to another doctor. When I request to see him for my appts. his staff has never denied me that. He is a very busy doctor but he cares for his patients and he listens. Honestly I always have requested to see him and I never have every been observed/checked by someone else in his staff.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I love the midwives in his practice. Dr. Henry is very knowledgeable, friendly, but impatient. Not the kind of doctor you form a relationship with. Also, he was present at my second daughters birth. He was called when I was ready to give birth, was asleep, called several more times, but showed up after my baby was born. The nurse asked me to not push (that was fun!), but after about 1/2 hour of waiting, delivered my baby girl herself. That really bothered me for a while. Although my experience with the midwives has been amazing, I would not deliver there again for the changes of having him on call.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

My daughter saw him for heavy bleeding. She was in his office 3 times. He never once figured out that she was pregnant and was having a miscarriage. I thought ok, he didn't do the bloodwork. Maybe he wasn't sure...so I go like an idiot. I was having issues and scheduled to have a surgery. I had to schedule an appointment to go in and sign the paperwork. I went in and was told that my pap was abnormal and that I needed to schedule a new appointment? Hello I was there. Nice that no one bothered to call. After we "addressed that issue, went back in again to sign paperwork again for surgery and he asked how I was doing. I complained about my "normal" flow and he said didn't the surgery help? I was there 4 times that month, I never had the surgery. Needless to say I left, have a great new doctor and never looked back.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. George K. Henry's Credentials

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1969)