Ratings for Dr. Shiena Handscomb

Was a great doctor. However she retired. Wait times were basically because of her number of patients and the fact she did not run an assembly line of patients. She took the time to answer any questions or concerns.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

i have been going to her since birth, she has taken care of my family since my grandmother. I am a nurse and can admit her wait times are poor, personal skills top notch. She is knowledgeable, I always ask about new medications on the market as well she is always ready with a referral, not always a bad idea in our age of misdiagnosis. I would rather trust a second opinion or confirmation of a suspected diagnosis. I would recommend her however her retirement is coming up. It is also very diificult to make an appointment so i ussually go every two years. perhaps she has too many patients? overall she is a great doctor and an asset to our health care!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

Too long of a wait to book an apt and then have to wait too long to see her. All family members have had either misdiagnosis or prescriptions that should never been prescribed.i was prescribed a med that i was told i had to be on, to find out i should never been it. She is very nice just needs to be more knowledgeable.I have been with her since birth but looking for a new doc currently

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

She's the best!! She has been my Dr for over 30 years. I never mind waiting to see her, I know she will take her time with me too. She will answer all your questions no matter how long the list, you are never rushed out of the office. Very open to preventative medicine not just treating symmptoms - I appreciate that. My family will miss her when she retires. Great office staff too.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Been seeing her for 19 years and been impressed with every visit. Doesn't hesitate with referrals to specialists or second opinions. Not looking forward to her retiring.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2007

My only complaint is the length of time we wait in her office to see her. We wait on average at least 30+ minutes and up to on a few occasions 2 hours!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Doctor Handscombe has been my doctor for over 30 years, she is the best, she's just like family. She takes her time with you and listens, I always brag about her. I will truly miss her when she retirers.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

She's wonderful. Has been my doctor for 28 years. Will miss her when she retires.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

VERY out of date. Good for refering you to a specialist.. thats about all.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Takes time with each patient answers all questions , a terrific Doctor

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007