Ratings for Dr. Frances Gorzalka

I saw Dr. Gorzalka more than twenty five years ago, after leaving India to return to Canada. I will never forget her kindness to me. After diagnosing (correctly) a physical problem, she asked how I was feeling and I blurted out a bit of my despair over my failed marriage, loss of adopted country and my work. And my upcoming immigration to the USA. She intuitively realized I needed to talk. No rigid therapist's regime. Just an ear. And for the remaining weeks before I left, she saw me once a week ... for a talk. Her sympathetic ... and intelligent ear ... saw me safely on my way. To a new life which unfolded in astonishing ways. Thank you, Dr. Gorzalka. Kindness is never forgotten. It's the only reason we are all here on this little planet.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

This site is not helpful. I've seen this doctor several times. She's right on about causes and their treatments. She'll also get right back to you (on the phone at night on her time) with your results. The comments below put me off - it's not a personality contest, folks. This is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

This doctor I saw many years ago...To put it bluntly...she was a real piece of work.!!!! She told me my problems were due to my weight. Funny..I didn't realize that all fat people (if you consider 150lbs fat) had extremely painful periods. I would NEVER recommend her...and even after this many years ...been probably about 15 years since I've seen her....I still remember what she said to me verbatim.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

She diagnosed my neurological disorder after I had been erroneously treated for depression by two other doctors. She really spent alot of time with me and came in to the office early to see me so that I wouldn't miss any more work. She called all over the city trying to get me an appointment with a neurologist. I love her.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2007

I am not impressed by this Doctor. She has no empathy what so ever and can be quite rude. What striked me the most was her asking me if I was sure that I would make my next appointment as it was money out of her pocket if I did not??? What king of question is this? I had never missed an appointment

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

My heart disease was diagnosed thanks to this doctor. Just because she cared more than others. Answered a lot of questions with patience, empathy and professionalism. Her face was showing concern not rudeness. An she is not my family doctor either. Thank you doctor Gorzalka.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

She took us on when no one else would (we'd just arrived in Quebec). She diagnosed a condition in my spouse that no one had seen before. She, gently, but insistently, moved me to deal with my hypertension which I would have otherwise ignored. Every time I've needed help, she's had the answers. Moreover, she has a wide-ranging knowledge of the specialists in Montreal. She's also wry, funny, and very, very nice.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

I also have to agree. She is rude & not open to questions. She has no empathy for her patients

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007