Ratings for Dr. Jack L. Zaremba

Rude. Doesn't want to listen to what you have to say. Appears very uncaring. One of the rudest doctors I have ever encountered. Especially for a new patient. Extremely disappointed in someone on the medical profession.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Forgive me for venting. A while back I saw my Dr. for what we thought was high blood pressure. Well, I thought it was hypoglycemia, pour diet and stress. He treated me for high blood pressure despite my input. Turns out ~ I was right. His meds damned near killed me. He was out of town and after speaking with his nurse, she told me to stop taking them immediately. While out of town, his partner physician properly prescribed me for anxiety, I had worked on my diet and all was better. On a follow up with my regular Dr., I remarked that I was still edgy and the meds weren't quit strong enough. My Dr. immediately got irritated with me because HIS nurse had told me to stop taking the blood pressure meds immediately and that i had started a different coarse of treatment with his partner physician even though he was out of town. His suggestion to my meds not being effective enough...? Cut back on how much I am taking. Ok? Really? So, I went to another practice. Once again. Easy diagnosis. Easy treatment. So, yesterday I coughed and strained something and we believe fractured a rib. We are talking A LOT of pain people. I actually blacked out at one point yesterday. Thankfully I had pulled over. I woke up in a daze, not sure of what was going on for a minute. My DR. was within a few miles so I called and they asked me to come in. They asked if I could be there in 10 minutes and I was more than anxious to oblige. After a 30 minute wait, I was called back. Now, rather that examine me to any extent for a strain or fracture, they x rayed my lungs and he loaded me up on every known antibiotic for mild bronchitis that he could. Hey, that's great and all, but I blacked out from the pain! I clearly pulled or fractured something! That was why I was here, right? I was scooted out the door with enough drugs to wipe out a small plague, but nothing for the inflamation or pain. Ok. Dr. knows best. After a very rough night of sleeping, I called a short while ago at the urging of my wife because the pain has been so severe. I'm terrified to cough. I actually took a shot of bourbon over breakfast. Thankfully I own my own business and can afford to take an off day! So, upon calling I was told that I could be called in "whatever", but since I had not picked up my z pac and flonaise yet (for the bronchitis), that I could wait until tomorrow and we'd see then. If necessary, they could schedule me a cat scan at that time. Needless to say, I am looking for a new Dr. Mine is near retirement and I think he has suffered a stroke and lost his mind. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR ZAREMBA any longer. He has been my physician for 14 years, but NOT ANYMORE!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr Zaremba is very personable, and you can get an appointment very quickly. The thing I like best about him is that he is always willing to start you off on the least expensive treatment option, before trying pricy new medicines. The downside is that the staff here is pretty bad at anything that requires a follow-up. They don't phone in prescriptions in a timely manner. Getting anyone on the phone is close to impossible. I like Dr Zarema enough to put up with it, but his staff could certainly be a lot better.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Zaremba for several years and I love him. I want to say that my husband is not a friend or foe of Dr.s but after the first visit my husband ever had with him, on a Friday afternoon visit, he sent my husband on to the hospital for the weekend and did a complete battery of test on him and my husband is sold on Dr. Zaremba. He is very good at making sure he misses nothing. My husband is a true believer in Dr. Zaremba. So am I.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

I love Dr. Zaremba. He is so smart, and very friendly. He always gives samples which is great.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. Jack L. Zaremba's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med