Ratings for Dr. Douglas J. Moran

I felt that I had Dr Morans complete attention. His quick diagnosis and response to my symptoms provided me immediate relief to an injury suffered 8 months previously spent with two different PT therapists and another surgeon's analysis with no response. Had I been referred to Dr Moran first, I would have had relief months sooner.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I went to Dr. Moran today, and after waiting four months for an appointment, he spent a little less than 10 minutes with me. He laughed at the diagnosis I had received from other doctors when I mentioned it, claiming it was incorrect while claiming ignorance of the actual diagnosis. He turned me away, telling me to come back when I had money for an MRI, even though he said the problem was unfixable. I asked about surgical options, which had been recommended to me by others, and he again laughed and told me it was a long term problem with no solution. I have back and shoulder pain every day of my life, and was hoping to be given at least some helpful tips. I expect better treatment as a person, nevermind as a patient. I would avoid Dr. Moran at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Moran was friendly and professional. He took the time to explain what was wrong with my knee and what my options were. I felt that the decision to have surgery to repair my torn meniscus was left up to me, I wasn't "pushed" into it.I was told that I might need PT after surgery, which I did. After a few weeks of recovery and therapy, my knee felt much better than it had prior to surgery. Now that several months have passed, my knee feels great. He does do his dictations while you are sitting there, but I feel this is a good thing. You know what he is putting into his notes, and if you think he has made an error, you can correct it.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Even before the stitches were out I could tell my knee was more solid after meniscus surgery. I felt Dr. Moran was direct, had a great sense of humor, and could possibly have a retirement career as an auctioneer. Many people seem to be offended by his speaking into his recorder in front of the patient. I'd rather he make his "notes" right on the spot while my visit's information is very fresh in his mind than have him wait until a later time to make them.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Run from dr. Moran!!!!! I had miniscus surgery a year ago w/ him and my knee is in worse shape now than ever! I was told that I was gonna come back 100% after surgery and now a yearlater I am worse off then before I had the surgery!!! Now I am going to another doctor facing another possible surgery to fix what DR. Moran has done. When I went to post op visits he spent no time with me and when I told him that I felt like my knee was not good he just seemed to be finished w my appointment and wanted to obviously move on to his next victim!!! This is the truth! Be aware!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr Moran performed mensicus surgery. Knee was in worse pain 2 wks post surgery. Went back for follow-up and doctor advised cortisone injection. I refused. Weeks later, pain was not improving, i requested an MRI. MRI showed NEW MCL tear and patellar tendon tear along with meniscus repair. Dr Moran asked me how I sustained these injuries. I had done nothing to injure my knee--I was in too much pain after the surgery. I went to another MD and was told that Dr Moran tore the tendon and ligament during surgery as it is sometimes difficult to get a patient's knee in the correct position. I emailed Dr Moran, who did email me back and did not confirm or deny what the other surgeon had suggested. After that, Dr Moran has not checked to see how I am doing, nor offered another follow-up as my knee was still in pain. In addition, at one of my appointments, I waited 65 min to see Dr Moran as they had forgotten about me I was told. My knee is better, but still in pain. PATIENTS BEWARE!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Not helpful at all. Felt like goal was to keep me coming back for steroid injections. Used inappropriate language.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

talked into his recorder the whole time. Didn't spend time with me at all. In and out. I wonder how he charged my insurance co. for the visit. Will NOT go back

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Very busy. Seemed to resent the time spent on consult. Appeared very bored during consult. Very nervous and way too fast. Keeps patients waiting for too long in waiting room. My knee was worse after his surgery but better after knee therapy. But he neglected to advise therapy before the surgery. Now i need total arthroplasty and I will not be seeing Moran.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Dr. Douglas J. Moran's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Concord, NH