Ratings for Dr. Deborah S. Collier

Not at all patient oriented, nor knowledgeable about current or past medical history. All, in long term MGH history - in front of her. No idea of other medical conditions, as doesn't ask or read....Fortunately, conditions under control by meds prescribed by previous doctor- would never see her again.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Have disease that fortunately being controlled now with meds. Not confident that would continue to be th case under her care. Did not find her helpful with current questions, nor willing to to give a real opinion, especially if another doctor might disagree. Think she very much operates from a checklist, and won't or can't get beyond it.... A one and done appt. for me.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Collier was very nice, but seemed very inexperienced and unable to deal with anything not on a check list. I have long history, and disease currently under control, thankfully. I did not feel that would necessarily continue to be the case if under her care. "One and done."

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I had a very complex autoimmune disease that I realized Dr Collier had confused with another similar disease...she reported in her notes that I had physical findings that are present only in this other disease. She has little patience with complaints and seemed not to understand how debilitating and depressing dealing with a disabling disease could be based on her comments in my medical record. Also long waits to be seen and the staff told me I didn't have an appt when I had the actual appt card. I insisted on being seen, a good thing, since I was having a reaction to a drug that can cause liver damage.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Dr Collier made wait long time every time I visit her and then spent about 5 min with me. Often made feel I was making up my symptoms and I could barely walk or open a bottle of water so sore my hands and feet were. Because all blood work came normal she initially diagnosed me with seronegative RA. I had a hard time to deal with pain and ended up a bit depressed and seeing a psychologist. When I told dr collier I was seeing a psychologist she immediately dismissed me. I imagine for straight forward serio positive arthritis she might be good but I definitively agree for complicated cases she is not the doctor you want to see.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I was very disappointed with this doctor it was my first appointment I waited for over 40 minutes even though I was called in the morning and asked to come in 1 hour earlier. She barely spent 10 minutes with me she dismissed my comments and told me I shouldn't have that much pain. I tried to explain how how I felt and that I was very sore. She said I think you have a virus and then said you shouldn't need any pain meds and that I will have a hard time getting them. I was so upset I cried I have had severe burning and painful joints my rings and shoes don't fit anymore Even though my blood work is normal The symptoms are getting worse. I will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

She's very personable. She's a fine doctor for someone with fairly straight forward problems for a rheumatologist --and that's approximately 80% of the MGH rheumatology practice. However you're a complex case by MassGen standards (such as a history of unusual medication intolerances, complicated medical problems that are rarely seen--that is, you have weird problems) you might be better off with someone else. She's a very smart doc, but thinking outside the box is not one of her strong suits.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

Dr. Deborah S. Collier's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)