Ratings for Dr. J Nevin Murray

Prescribed a drug that treats only a specific cancer mutation to my parent without doing biopsy testing. Very unprofessional. Needless to say that the drug was ineffective and Dr Murray also gave up on the treatment after less than a year without even trying to find other possible solutions. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I have been diagnosed with stage 3b or 4 lung cancer and although I am terminal, Dr Murray is doing everything to make my life easier and I admire anyone who takes on hopeless cases, as he does, and trvery best for them. He is not chatty because he has many clients like me, waiting to see him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

This guy is a hero. Saved my life. enough said. Not sure how he got negative ratings besides people who want to practice holistic medicine. Dr. Murray is wise to discourage holistic medicine as it is a waste of time and frankly if you have cancer you dont have any to spare.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Though I am sure Dr. Murray is professionally knowledgeable, he has proved himself to be socially inept, dismissive of his patient's concerns, curt, insulting and lacks any bedside manner whatsoever. I am a forgiving person and would have overlooked this behaviour had it been a 'one off', but his behaviour has formed a clearly negative pattern over the past few months. My family and I have suffered enough these past two years with cancer taking much of our lives away from us, and the LAST thing that anyone in our situation needs is to be bullied by their oncologist. It is unacceptable and quite frankly, sad to see a doctor treat their patients in such a manner. He also lacks any shred of holistic thinking, viewing his patients solely under the gaze of narrow minded medical jargon. Would not recommend Dr. Murray to anyone. Simply a nasty human being.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

I went in with my 17 year old son who developed testicular cancer. While I'm sure he is a very knowledgeable doctor, and is well known in his field, he seriously lacks communication skills and is not very compassionate. I'm sure he is used to dealing with cancer on a daily basis but when you go in asking questions to which he does not answer or provide any resources to find the information you are asking for, then changes the subject it is not helpful nor reassuring.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Not helpful at all. More depressed than the patient. Super discouraging. How does this kind of attitude exist in a cancer clinic???

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Really positive experience. Eventhough my brother passed on due to his cancer, Dr. Murray would take time to visit with him and call him after hours. I don't know how Dr. Murray found the time. My brother felt well taken care of and trusted Dr. Murray. Thanks Dr. Murray for making my brothers treatment as easy as it could have been.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

Brought me through Testicular cancer end to end. Confident and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Saw Dr. Murray several years ago, and have to say he was a great person. We took exception to the previous rating. My husband was given four months and thanks to this great man he is stil with us. maybe he is shy but he has a sense of humour when you get to know him and he is great at what he does.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Burnt out, flat affect, closed to questions and alternatives, tells but doesn't listen. Appears more interested in his research projects than patients' well being. May be overloaded with "hopeless" patients. Not interested in process of dying or how to die well.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006