Ratings for Dr. Travis W. Stembridge

The opposite of compassionate. Impersonal office, long wait times. Had a baby born with extensive special needs (all of which he totally missed) and all he could say was, "sometimes that happens.." Made me feel bad about gaining weight while I was PREGNANT!, and a definite misogynistic undercurrent. I wish I had changed doctors.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

I never had any problems with Dr. Stembridge. I do agree he does not coddle his patients. He is very no-nonsense. He is in and out of the room very quickly. When I seen him I was pregnant with my 3rd child and had no problems with my pregnancy so I didn't have many questions, but when I did I would let the nurses know while they were doing my blood pressure and he would have an answer when he came into the room. The only complaint that I would have is that he is a little rough (physically) with his exams. I did like his efficency, and he was funny, but if I ever have another child I will choose a different OBGYN just because I would want one that is a little more gentle.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

i wouldnt know if he was knowledgeable at all due to the fact that he never told me anything other then i was fat. he was incredibly rude, unprofessional, and extremely inappropriate at times. when i had told him how modest i was he told me "well then dont mind all the cameras in all the rooms!" he thinks hes funny but only at your expense. Im 27 wks and no nothing about my baby other then its a boy and he is inside me. i dont know if im measuring right or what is going on. dr stembridge never paid attention to any issues i have had such as contractions, high bp, and extreme swelling, and when ever i asked him a ? about any of these issues or other ones i have had that held discomfort such as incredible amounts of abdominal pain he would reply "what do you want me to do about it your pregnant" i walk away with this experience w him knowing that im fat and disgusting and i never want to have another baby again and cant wait till this preg is over

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

I went to Dr. Stembridge for a few years. He was quick & efficient with my physical exams. One time, however, I wanted to discuss a problem I was having (relating to hormones & chemicals & such). He told me the problems were 'in my head' and gave me the business card of a psychiatrist. I was SO upset -- but he breezed out of the room. I now go to another doctor I absolutely LOVE.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. Stembridge is a no nonsense kind of doctor. He's by far one of the most knowledgeable OB/GYN doctors in the Wichita area, as he's been doing OB/GYN care for over 30 years. However, he's a very busy man. Unable to spend much one on one personal time with each patient. His office visits are short and to the point. If you are looking for qualified care without coddling Dr. Stembridge is the right doctor for your needs.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr. Travis W. Stembridge's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Wichita, KS