Ratings for Dr. Rachel Kassenoff

Literally sat with a paper sheet in the freezing cold office for 20 MINUTES. i thought they forgot about me...I poked my head outside the door to catch someones attention and they acknowledged me. ANOTHER 20 MINUTES go by - I call the office. Reminded them I was sitting in room 3 NAKED and FREEZING for over 40 minutes! What the heck?!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I had a late term procedure late May. I had to fly out to Colorado at short notice. Doctor Kassonoff is cold and has no empathy. She knew I was carrying a dead full term fetus. She called me the day of and left a voicemail asking me if i wanted to make "arrangements", she meant to being admitted for a new inpatient stay to deliver my dead baby. If course I had no idea what she meant because who would? Arrangements? I called her back and asked her what she meant. She brushed me off. I asked her if she had questions for me. She seemed irritated that I called her back. She never explained that she meant she needed me to give permission for her to admit me for an inpatient stay. It's like she was happy see didn't have to bother with the paperwork. I had to ask some family members who are also practicing physicans to try a guage what she meant. My sister in law who also a physcian told me to ask the physician to admit me for inpatient stay.. my SIL would have done the paperwork without asking. The physician at Colorado was appalled and called his aquaintence doctor Gillian Dean at Mount Sinai and Doctor Dean gladly did the paperwork. Doctor Kassonoff failed to realize that my mental health was off on account of my dead baby. She talked down talk to me. I am a seasoned health insurance professional working in Network Development. I have David Reich's contact information and I am sending a complaint directly to your COO Doctor Kassonoff. I'm glad value based payment is the way if the future. I'm going to laugh when the day comes when people who are physcians who really shouldnt be like Kassonoff are fined for being witches. Go into research Kassonoff.. how many patients have to complain before you realize you have no bed side manner. This isn't for you. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST CHILD DON'T GO TO HER.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

First exam in over 4 years. Dr. Kassenoff could have cared less. She was rushed asked the bare minimum in questions and physical exam took 3 minutes. She has no empathy.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have seen her only once and I had the same experience with Dr. Rachel Kassenoff. She is cold and distant, hurried through the examination and did not tell me the result. Did not even ask me if I had any questions. She did an initial question and answer 3 minute session to get health history but after the examination, I left like what just had happened? Did she just do the examination and did not comment or say anything to me and if everything okay? I walked out and didn't even bother inquire as I did not want to see her again. She looks down at you as you are taking up her time and not worth her time. What kind of doctor is she! She was supposed to call my Pharmacy and call in a prescription, 2 days later went to pick it up and they tell me that they had nothing for me. No followup... Not going to see her again, don't waist your time!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr Kassionff & the office staff (mainly who gets involved in everything and is incompetent GRACE) is incompetent. Every time I call, I got hung up on or put on hold for 30 minutes. Grace is rude and obnoxious. "Doctor" Kassinoff has a TERRIBLE bed side manor. She made me cry. She is a WITCH. She acts as if she is doing you a favor by seeing you. Never follows thru. Never calls with results. You better off taking your business elsewhere, unless you want to be treated poorly. Overall they are all rude inefficient impersonal & unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I wouldn't wish Dr. Kassenoff on my worst enemy. I will never forget the cold and harsh way(s) she treated me during both of my pregnancies. When I was desperately trying to conceive despite repeated losses, she refused to go online to check my rushed lab reports. She recommended an, "over the counter" vitamin which turned out to be a prescription drug. The pharmacist was shocked at her error! After taking out my staples, she came to check my incision the next day and remarked, "Who took these out? These weren't ready to come out!" Um, you did! She lacks the sensitivity that a doctor in the Obstetrics field should posses. It's no wonder that she continuously receives poor reviews and ratings from patients. Run. Fast.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Kassenoff has poor bedside manner. Searching for a GNN is difficult enough -extremely disappointed non- thorough exam. No breast exam. I felt rushed and did not feel welcome in that office. She has an attitude that is condescending.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Terrible doctor. She did not do breast exam as part of annual Gyn visit. I asked her about this later on phone. She said her records indicated that she did. RE A LLY? RUDE DOCTOR INEFFICIENT OFFICE BAD BAD BAD

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

(After 2 years I still remember her badly behavior and want to post here the review that I left in another website. The practice on 84th Street has a great other doctor, Dr Adler, but AVOID this woman... she is not even professional). Dismissive, not compassionate, careless, terrible bedside manners. Never felt welcomed (hey, I was a customer after all!). She may know her stuff but has not skills to deal with patients, at least in my opinion. I was not a drama queen during my pregnancy but had some questions. She would always interrupt with the same answer: "it is normal", like I was some kind of idiot. Yes, ignorant definitely, but not idiot. And like that, there was not much to say. During my check up visits at the office, I even scheduled extra appointments with her (instead of the other doctors) to see if I could like her, but not. It never happened. I mentioned to her something that the person who gave us the hospital tour at Mount Sinai has said and because she didn't agree with it, Dr Kassenoff got SO MAD. I thought WOW, this woman has serious emotional issues, maybe some problems at home. Unfortunately, she was at the hospital when I went into labor. I was so excited that I was going to meet my baby! But she didn't share my happiness. Totally COLD, not encouraging words or at least something to "seem" nice. Came to check on me a few times, very shortly during the 10 hours I was there, and I only remember her saying two things: "you will need a c-section if you don't dilate" and "I'm going out to dinner" (and she didn't come back until many hours later). Now, looking back, I don't know why I was so scared to say something such as: I'm don't want her in my delivery room! And I guess, it was because I really liked Dr. Adler (EXCELLENT), I liked a lot Dr. Trentacoste (VERY FRIENDLY AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE) and I liked all right Dr. Kurtz. I thought, "okay, it is a small chance she will be there", but the chance was there! I would definitely go back to their office but I DO'NT WANT THIS DOCTOR. PD: And the last thing I want to say, there was one friendly nurse only in the practice. The other ones were not friendly at all. But I didn't care because they just took out blood and did their job. PD: I read some negative reviews about the front desk people. I actually have nothing bad to say.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Kassenoff is cold, insensitive, and rude. She is so inpatient and snippy at the worse possible times i.e. finding out you had a miscarriage. I love the other doctors in her practice but avoid her at all costs. The practice would be better off without her. Patients should not have to deal with her attitude especially when going through such a loss.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Rachel Kassenoff's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal