Ratings for Dr. Rachel Kassenoff

First exam in over 4 years. Dr. Kassenoff could have cared less. She was rushed asked the bare minimum in questions and physical exam took 3 minutes. She has no empathy.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have seen her only once and I had the same experience with Dr. Rachel Kassenoff. She is cold and distant, hurried through the examination and did not tell me the result. Did not even ask me if I had any questions. She did an initial question and answer 3 minute session to get health history but after the examination, I left like what just had happened? Did she just do the examination and did not comment or say anything to me and if everything okay? I walked out and didn't even bother inquire as I did not want to see her again. She looks down at you as you are taking up her time and not worth her time. What kind of doctor is she! She was supposed to call my Pharmacy and call in a prescription, 2 days later went to pick it up and they tell me that they had nothing for me. No followup... Not going to see her again, don't waist your time!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr Kassionff & the office staff (mainly who gets involved in everything and is incompetent GRACE) is incompetent. Every time I call, I got hung up on or put on hold for 30 minutes. Grace is rude and obnoxious. "Doctor" Kassinoff has a TERRIBLE bed side manor. She made me cry. She is a WITCH. She acts as if she is doing you a favor by seeing you. Never follows thru. Never calls with results. You better off taking your business elsewhere, unless you want to be treated poorly. Overall they are all rude inefficient impersonal & unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I wouldn't wish Dr. Kassenoff on my worst enemy. I will never forget the cold and harsh way(s) she treated me during both of my pregnancies. When I was desperately trying to conceive despite repeated losses, she refused to go online to check my rushed lab reports. She recommended an, "over the counter" vitamin which turned out to be a prescription drug. The pharmacist was shocked at her error! After taking out my staples, she came to check my incision the next day and remarked, "Who took these out? These weren't ready to come out!" Um, you did! She lacks the sensitivity that a doctor in the Obstetrics field should posses. It's no wonder that she continuously receives poor reviews and ratings from patients. Run. Fast.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr Kassenoff has poor bedside manner. Searching for a GNN is difficult enough -extremely disappointed non- thorough exam. No breast exam. I felt rushed and did not feel welcome in that office. She has an attitude that is condescending.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Terrible doctor. She did not do breast exam as part of annual Gyn visit. I asked her about this later on phone. She said her records indicated that she did. RE A LLY? RUDE DOCTOR INEFFICIENT OFFICE BAD BAD BAD

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

(After 2 years I still remember her badly behavior and want to post here the review that I left in another website. The practice on 84th Street has a great other doctor, Dr Adler, but AVOID this woman... she is not even professional). Dismissive, not compassionate, careless, terrible bedside manners. Never felt welcomed (hey, I was a customer after all!). She may know her stuff but has not skills to deal with patients, at least in my opinion. I was not a drama queen during my pregnancy but had some questions. She would always interrupt with the same answer: "it is normal", like I was some kind of idiot. Yes, ignorant definitely, but not idiot. And like that, there was not much to say. During my check up visits at the office, I even scheduled extra appointments with her (instead of the other doctors) to see if I could like her, but not. It never happened. I mentioned to her something that the person who gave us the hospital tour at Mount Sinai has said and because she didn't agree with it, Dr Kassenoff got SO MAD. I thought WOW, this woman has serious emotional issues, maybe some problems at home. Unfortunately, she was at the hospital when I went into labor. I was so excited that I was going to meet my baby! But she didn't share my happiness. Totally COLD, not encouraging words or at least something to "seem" nice. Came to check on me a few times, very shortly during the 10 hours I was there, and I only remember her saying two things: "you will need a c-section if you don't dilate" and "I'm going out to dinner" (and she didn't come back until many hours later). Now, looking back, I don't know why I was so scared to say something such as: I'm don't want her in my delivery room! And I guess, it was because I really liked Dr. Adler (EXCELLENT), I liked a lot Dr. Trentacoste (VERY FRIENDLY AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE) and I liked all right Dr. Kurtz. I thought, "okay, it is a small chance she will be there", but the chance was there! I would definitely go back to their office but I DO'NT WANT THIS DOCTOR. PD: And the last thing I want to say, there was one friendly nurse only in the practice. The other ones were not friendly at all. But I didn't care because they just took out blood and did their job. PD: I read some negative reviews about the front desk people. I actually have nothing bad to say.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Kassenoff is cold, insensitive, and rude. She is so inpatient and snippy at the worse possible times i.e. finding out you had a miscarriage. I love the other doctors in her practice but avoid her at all costs. The practice would be better off without her. Patients should not have to deal with her attitude especially when going through such a loss.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr Kassenoff is ok doc. she got the job done. But don't bother to ask questions because she will only respond in a cold manner. Every visit I always ended up feeling rushed. The staff is horrible. Especially the one named Grace! I was waiting for my pap smear result which was supposed to be sent over fax machine to my RE but she didn't do it properly and I ended up with a one cycle that I cannot used for IVF! As I type this all my meds are nicely tuck in the fridge just because she can't fax a pap smear result properly!!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

After 2 years and 3 months of my first delivery experience, I can still not forget you and I need to write this letter in order to forgive you and let this experience go. I wish you had never been the first person to touch my baby. It is hard to forget. The nurse mentioned you were an expert on forceps and now I understand why, how can you become an expert on forceps? By not listening and caring about your patients, by rushing them, by not letting the body take its time to do the job, by forcing moms to do unnecessary procedures. Months later a nurse that was that day at the hospital saw me in a restaurant and came to me to ask how I was doing. She mentioned “I am sorry you went through all of that, it was bad luck you had Dr. Kassenoff that day, with the other doctors of that practice you would have never experienced that situation”. You have a direct impact on life, use your talent to do good, it goes further than delivering healthy babies and becoming the best at using forceps.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr. Rachel Kassenoff's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Pacificare