You may also like

Rate Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's Ratings

I'm so thankful a family friend recommended Dr. Carmody. I had been living with neck pain for well over a year which escalated to debilitating pain levels with shoulder, arm, hand and finger involvement over a month ago. No pain medication could touch the pain. I couldn't sleep, couldn't sit, couldn't stand. I was existing not living and was on the slow medicine boat scheduled for steroid shots that the pain management doctor didn't think would help me. Dr. Carmody took one look at my MRI and said let's fix this. A week later I had C6/7 disc removal and fusion. My C6/7 disc had blown and the hard outer portion of the disk was resting against and compressing route nerve C7. Pre-surgery my pain level was easily a 10 out of 10. I woke from surgery with pain in the 7 range which slowly calmed during the day to a 5 range. I went home from hospital the day after surgery. I'm now 15 days post op and the nerve pain continues to lessen and I'm regaining sensation in my arm/fingers/hand. My arm strength is almost back to normal. I stopped taking all pain medications 5 days after surgery. I was so terrified of spine surgery of my neck and now realize it was the best possible decision I could make. I've been in contact with others across the country through online forums who've had the exact surgery as mine and my recovery seems to be so much easier than many others. I attribute that to Dr. Carmody's skill and expertise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone with spine problems who wants their life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2912481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Carmody approximately 7 months ago for neck pain. We looked at my films together. He told me I would eventually need surgery. At that time, I elected not to have surgery. I asked him how soon I would need surgery. He said I would know when it was time. One morning I woke with pain radiation into my back and down one arm. I thought I had pulled something in my back or shoulder. Within 24 hours the pain was so excruciating that I went to the ER. They gave me a shot that helped me for about 4 hours. Oral medication did not help. I scared my husband when I curled up on the floor and cried. My life stopped. I could only sleep a couple of hours at a time. I saw Dr Carmody the next day. He and I agreed that it was time for surgery. Unfortunately, he was going out of town for a week. I survived by having a nerve block done by a pain specialist. The surgery a week later was a total success. No nerve pain! The only pain I had post surgery was surgical pain from 2 small incisions he made to do the cervical fusion. I asked for a copy of before and after xrays. I have shown them to everyone who would stand still. I showed them to my pain specialist. When he looked at the before xray, he said "oh no." Then he looked at the post surgical xray and said, "wow." I would recommend Dr. Carmody to anyone who wants the best in spine surgery. He did an amazing job and made my life wonderful again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

I have had 3 appointments with Dr. Carmody over the past month, NONE of which he's kept:

First Cancellation: Office visit in Frisco cancelled because of surgery. OK, it happens. Was convinced to setup an appointment in Plano, which is very inconvenient for me, because it wouldn't be cancelled.

Second Cancellation: Office visit in Plano cancelled because of surgery.
Twice in a row? This one was supposed to be a "sure thing!" I insisted on a Frisco appt that would NOT get cancelled.

Third Cancellation: Office visit in Frisco cancelled because of surgery!!! This is not right! Why am I not as important as other patients? I've had THREE appointments trumped by others scheduling over me. How can I trust a doctor who can't even keep one out of three appointments? Is this his way of not accepting new patients without not accepting new patients?

This shows a total lack of respect for the patient. I can understand an emergency coming up which needs to be taken care of immediately, such as I presumed the first cancellation was. I, too, work for a living. I have schedules to adhere to and appointments to keep. Having to constantly move meetings around for my work in a vain attempt at getting to see a doctor is not working out for me.

Three strikes and you're out! I will be looking for another doctor, in another office, so that I may actually get taken care of.

I was really looking forward to seeing Dr. Carmody. All reviews I've read of him indicate he's the best around. What good is it to me if I can't get in to see him???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2903795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Dr Carmody more than surpassed all the reviews that I read and had heard about him. There is a reason that he is the No. 1 spine surgeon in the area and one of the top 10 in the state. In my first meeting with him I learned very quickly that he is in the "people business" and not just performing surgeries. His statment to me, "you really could use surgery according to your MRI, but I don't treat MRIs I treat people and you just let me know when you are ready". A year later I returned for the surgery, barely able to walk and in no way could I stand up straight, and in severe pain. He took the time to share with me what needed to be done and I raised a few questions and concerns and he listened, and amended the original plan. Even on the day of the surgery he said that he had been studying my case and had planned going a different direction if possible.
The procedure that he performed on me allowed me to awaken from surgery pain free for the first time in almost 2 years. No doubt that he is an outstanding surgeon, but I found him to be a physician that has great "bed side manner" in that he is very patient, a good listener, and very personal. Being a pastor I see all types of physicians and I can say that as a professional, surgeon and individual Dr Carmody is indeed the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2876207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you so much for responding and providing feedback. We are so happy you're experience was exceeded far beyond your expectations and hope you continue to do well.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I set up an appointment. I already had a scan but they would have had to be sent. I was asked if I could bring in my previous labs. I said 'I did not have them and they would have to be sent'. I assumed if I told them where I got the scan they could get the scan. She then asked if I wanted to cancel my appointment because I could not get the labs myself. I said yes because she gave tude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Sorry to hear of this, it's not how we typically would like our patients to feel. We hope you call and reschedule your appointment and give us another chance as Dr. Carmody is truly an amazing physician and surgeon.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Top surgeon in Dallas Fort Worth area. After he properly diagnosed and surgically repaired my lower back, it has felt better than it has in years. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you for providing us with positive feedback, we are so happy you are doing well, hope you continue to enjoy life to it's fullest.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Very pleased with my outcome from spinal surgery. Dr. Carmody was extremely informative and professional every step of the way. Spondylolesthesis and spinal stenosis issues now corrected, and I am pain free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Extremely happy to hear you are pain free and that all procedures went as planned and exceeded your expectations. We hope you continue to do well.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I was receiving treatment, spinal injections, from another physician/surgeon for almost a year that was not helping. Went to Dr. Carmody for a second opinion and found out that my injury was worse tan what I had been told. A week later I had surgery by Dr. Carmody to replace 3 disc's and fuse my neck. I feel the best I have felt in a year thanks to Dr. Carmody and his wonderful staff. It is amazing in todays world to find a group that truly cares and takes pride in helping others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Truly happy you're doing well and that Dr. Carmody was able to provide the kind of care you needed and deserved.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment... I would refer family and friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you for your positive review. Referring family and friends is the best compliment we can receive.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Three days ago, I ran a half marathon. Just over three months ago, Dr. Carmody replaced a disc in my neck. Needless to say, his work speaks for itself. Yet it's not only his skill that sets him apart; very rarely have I seen a surgeon who treats his patient as a person. Dr. Carmody never rushed me at appointments, and he never made me feel like an idiot for asking questions. Truly, an all-around good guy with an incredible support staff.

On to a full marathon in September . . .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2776503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Good luck on your full marathon. So happy to hear you're doing well and hope you continue to do so. Thank you for the positive feedback.