Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

5 1 4.8

You may also like

Rate Dr. Cameron N. Carmody

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's Ratings

Dr Carmody more than surpassed all the reviews that I read and had heard about him. There is a reason that he is the No. 1 spine surgeon in the area and one of the top 10 in the state. In my first meeting with him I learned very quickly that he is in the "people business" and not just performing surgeries. His statment to me, "you really could use surgery according to your MRI, but I don't treat MRIs I treat people and you just let me know when you are ready". A year later I returned for the surgery, barely able to walk and in no way could I stand up straight, and in severe pain. He took the time to share with me what needed to be done and I raised a few questions and concerns and he listened, and amended the original plan. Even on the day of the surgery he said that he had been studying my case and had planned going a different direction if possible.
The procedure that he performed on me allowed me to awaken from surgery pain free for the first time in almost 2 years. No doubt that he is an outstanding surgeon, but I found him to be a physician that has great "bed side manner" in that he is very patient, a good listener, and very personal. Being a pastor I see all types of physicians and I can say that as a professional, surgeon and individual Dr Carmody is indeed the best.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2876207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you so much for responding and providing feedback. We are so happy you're experience was exceeded far beyond your expectations and hope you continue to do well.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I set up an appointment. I already had a scan but they would have had to be sent. I was asked if I could bring in my previous labs. I said 'I did not have them and they would have to be sent'. I assumed if I told them where I got the scan they could get the scan. She then asked if I wanted to cancel my appointment because I could not get the labs myself. I said yes because she gave tude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Sorry to hear of this, it's not how we typically would like our patients to feel. We hope you call and reschedule your appointment and give us another chance as Dr. Carmody is truly an amazing physician and surgeon.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Top surgeon in Dallas Fort Worth area. After he properly diagnosed and surgically repaired my lower back, it has felt better than it has in years. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you for providing us with positive feedback, we are so happy you are doing well, hope you continue to enjoy life to it's fullest.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Very pleased with my outcome from spinal surgery. Dr. Carmody was extremely informative and professional every step of the way. Spondylolesthesis and spinal stenosis issues now corrected, and I am pain free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831063].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Extremely happy to hear you are pain free and that all procedures went as planned and exceeded your expectations. We hope you continue to do well.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I was receiving treatment, spinal injections, from another physician/surgeon for almost a year that was not helping. Went to Dr. Carmody for a second opinion and found out that my injury was worse tan what I had been told. A week later I had surgery by Dr. Carmody to replace 3 disc's and fuse my neck. I feel the best I have felt in a year thanks to Dr. Carmody and his wonderful staff. It is amazing in todays world to find a group that truly cares and takes pride in helping others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Truly happy you're doing well and that Dr. Carmody was able to provide the kind of care you needed and deserved.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment... I would refer family and friends!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Thank you for your positive review. Referring family and friends is the best compliment we can receive.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Three days ago, I ran a half marathon. Just over three months ago, Dr. Carmody replaced a disc in my neck. Needless to say, his work speaks for itself. Yet it's not only his skill that sets him apart; very rarely have I seen a surgeon who treats his patient as a person. Dr. Carmody never rushed me at appointments, and he never made me feel like an idiot for asking questions. Truly, an all-around good guy with an incredible support staff.

On to a full marathon in September . . .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2776503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Good luck on your full marathon. So happy to hear you're doing well and hope you continue to do so. Thank you for the positive feedback.

Submitted July 27, 2015

Fantastic, great personality and very caring. Completed the necessary work and now I feel great. I really appreciate the care in preventing an ugly scar. Thanks doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2767528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
So happy to hear you're doing well and that you happy with the outcome of surgery and the appearance of your scar. Hope you continue to improve and do well.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I was in the office for nearly three hours..... Still did not see the doctor....I rescheduled.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2766287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Cameron N. Carmody's response
Sorry for the inconvenience you experienced, though we can give you a number of reasons that sometimes make our physicians run behind, the bottom line is that it's frustrating and your time is important too. Our apologies we hope when you rescheduled you were seen quickly and had a great experience.

Submitted July 27, 2015

I had a fusion by another doctor in 2007. For the past 4 years I have suffered chronic pain to the point I have been under the care of a pain doctor. During the past 4 years, I have seen two other surgeons that both told me there was nothing that could be done. Out of desperation I made an appointment with Dr Carmody. I expected the same song and dance but after reviewing my x-rays for about 30 seconds, Dr Carmody found my problem. The fusion from 2007 never fused. Because of this, the vertebra were moving and I had developed a couple of large bone spurs that were pushing on my spinal cord. Dr Carmody agreed to try surgery and I am glad he did. I haven't felt this good in years.

This is my 3rd fusion and the second on this location. Dr Carmody has seen me for 2 follow-ups and is going to see me for 2 more, at least. The other surgeons only saw me for 1 follow up visit so the fact that the joint never fused was missed completely. I feel confident that before Dr Carmody releases me from his care, my fusion will be complete.

There is no reason to suffer as long as Dr Carmody is practicing medicine.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709181].votes_count ]]