Ratings for Dr. Will Johnston

I have been suffering from pain since I was 15 years old I am now 27. I am getting closer to diagnosing myself properly as he is incapable of figuring out the root cause of all my pain and flare ups in my back neck chest groin area ,even pressure and pain in my head dud to mal-alignment. He has failed to give me a proper diagnosis on why the flare up attacks come and go, his diagnosis is muscle imbalance but that is not the root cause on why i get the muscle spasms and muscle paralysis, it happens when I am stressed and some times at complete random. I take medication for this issue which is muscle relaxant and a painkiller and he almost cut me off of my medication for the second time now. The first time he cut me off of t3,s and I explained to him they just weren't strong enough my pain level was to high. I don't know why but he cut me off and I suffered so much from pain for so long I wanted to end my life because I suffered everyday every second of the day I just wanted the pain to stop.. finally I got 5 MRI scans done and basically proved to him my pain was not fake or made up he would see for his own eyes now and I do have degenerative disc disease as well as spinal stenosis which was diagnosed by a completely different doctor . Yesterday I went to refill my medication because it expired and for no reason at all he said "Actually I don't think I'm going to refill ur medication" . I felt like the world was ending because I was so afraid I would have to go through life suffering all the pain i go through but without my medication to give me some relief. Sometime I still suffer in pain while I take the medication. But i am a father and I need to be there for my son I can't be stuck and can t get out of bed for 3 or 4 days because i cant move because of pain . Now I worry everyday if he's going to cut me off and I will have to suffer excruciating pain . I needed to tell someone... I feel like he is playing games with me. He knows I need them for pain He has seen my 5 MRI scans and a surgeon told him I needed medication to manage the pain . He didn't believe me that I had pain until the surgeon told him. I have lost all respect for this doctor and I please urge everyone to think twice about the advice that is given by him. He really trust to show he is listening but he is very good at diverting the conversation and ending your visit with him very short . I feel like I am always rushed out of his office by him and some times don't even have enough time to finish what I am saying before he's already stood up and is walking out the door to go to the patient in the next room...

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr Johnston has been our GP for over 13 years. My wife and I were introduced to Dr Johnston by a co-worker when I found out my wife was pregnant for the first time. I knew after our first appointment that he was the Doctor for our new family. He is very friendly and very knowledgeable, and you get the feeling he cares for his patients. He listens carefully and will explain your situation once he has gathered enough information. We had Dr Johnston present for all three of our children's births and felt extremely well cared for. How he finds time to deliver babies while running a GP practice is unbelievable. Now the downside of having an excellent Doctor that listens carefully, is that the appointment usually lasts longer than the typical 10-minute visit. The extended Doctors visits are why you can wait up to an hour in the waiting room. To me, the wait is worth it.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

You are very very lucky if you get to have Dr. Johnston as your doctor. Sometimes the wait is longer. However, for the care you receive, it is worth the wait. He truly cares about his patients and offers exceptional service.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Pretty good doctor. Unfortunately is always overbooked. Wait over an hour every visit. Was extremely disappointed last visit when I was talking to him he literally had one foot out the door as I was not finished talking to him ! I waited over an hour and couldn't get 2 minutes from him, sorry to inconvenience you sir.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

You sometimes spend a lot of time in the waiting room, but he is worth the wait. Kind, friendly, knowledgeable, thorough. I also like it that he mentors UBC med students and has a great teaching style with them

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr Johnston has been our family doctor for over 19 years. He is deeply caring, highly knowledgeable and fully approachable. My whole family has deep trust, respect and affection for him!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

may the Lord Jesus Christ shine upon you many blessings dr. tahnk you for all the you have done.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

He has been our family doctor for 20 years science we moved to Vancouver from Toronto. He has incredible knowledge and is fun to talk to about anything in medicine or science. He attended the birth of my two youngest kids. Unfortunately he is being sued for an apparent malpractice during childbirth.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Awesome doctor and my family is really lucky to have him! He is great and takes care of his patients and that's why he usually is running late. Busy bee this one and a keeper too! I'm really grateful to know him and have him as our family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. J save my life and he is a pro life doctor. He is my doctor for 14 years. He open his office even it's Christmas eve to check my daughter . He even come to shelter ( where I live before) to check my daughter who's having an ashtma. He even fight /talk to abortion clinic to tell them to stop telling the young. He look after me even I don't have a medical coverage and he didn't charge me any penny when I was pregnant. My kids called him Super Doctor Jhonston. He is not a doctor he is a friend that you can ask for anything.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015