Ratings for Dr. Guilherme Cantuaria

I had emergency surgery in 2001 with Dr. Cantuaria. I feel as if he saved my life. He talked to us about what could happen and asked what we'd like done in different scenarios. He was wonderful with my follow up visits. I would not hesitate to trust this man with another surgery if needed. We was my God send.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I've never not been seen by the surgeon in a post-op appointment!! Beware you must request to see him! This office says they take a team approach, the problem is you get a different answer to your question depending on who you talk to.. A team is supposed to communicate. They seem good at surgery, however if you need any care after that, they act as if you are a nuisance, and just want to be rid of you. The front desk staff is one of the rudest and most uncaring I have ever delt with. Take care of yourself and go elsewhere....

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

After reading the reviews online, I was a little uneasy about being sent to him for surgery. All I can say is, those people must have met with a different doctor. I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Cantuaria. He was very knowledgeable, and I appreciated that he gave me the facts as he saw them. In my pre-op appointment, he explained the procedure, told me what he expected, and made sure I understood the worst case scenario. He was very personable and made me feel completely at ease. My only complaint was that he did a lot of travelling and the schedulers were not always careful to check that he would be in town. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a straightforward doctor and an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

If you need test result back with a normal period of time do not use this Dr. I have tried multiple times to contact them for my results to only get voicemail. Their specialty is oncology. With that being said followup should be necessary in all cases.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Wish I had read reviews. After bad experience, looked up license,started med school at 17years old!Somehow, he completed 3 year oncology/surgery fellowship in miami and AT THE SAME time completed a 3 year PHd in Brazil. Huh? What out because he tries charm, but once you see through it, insecurity, and I hate to say it, but cruelty. He's practiced in 3 states in 12 years. Be careful.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

seemed to only care about himself. ordered lots of tests for same problem in short amount of time and never got the diagnosis right.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Very bad experience with this doctor and his manner was dismissive

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

good dr.!nice person its the best i feel cofortable ,

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

Dr. Guilherme Cantuaria's Credentials

• Fund Univ De Brasilia, Fac De Cien, Brasilia-Df, Brazil (Grad. 1992)