Ratings for Dr. Keith H. Wharton

Worst OB/GYN I have ever visited. Removed fibroids and left the hospital without speaking to my husband. When the hospital called him at home -arrogant!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I also left this office in tears. I waited over an hour in the waiting room and Dr. Wharton only seemed interested in switching my birth control to something that I am not comfortable with. He made snarky comments to my concerns and acted more like a salesman for the pharmaceutical company than a physician who had any care about my well-being.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I went to see Dr Wharton on the 2 of April, I sat in his waiting room for a short time, and then for 20 in an exam room. When he came in he was rude and didnt seem interested in helping me. It seemed all he wanted was to get done and get out. We talked about my problem and looked me dead in the face and told me he didnt want to treat my tumors...that is wasn't worth the risk even though I am in excruciating pain. I left his office in tears. Oh and mind youyou he was quick to offer me his stupid vitamins, but not offer any real help in removing my tumors. Thankfully I went to Pittsburgh to see a real doctor and in may I am having the tumors he didnt see fit to remove taken out.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

This review is for Dr. Beth Porter, Mr. Wharton's PA. I highly recommend her, especially if you are uncomfortable with the gynecologist. She is very down to earth, kind, and compassionate.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

He starts out as kind then if you question him he gets arrogant and rude.

Submitted February 10, 2012

I started seeing Dr Wharton after 3 years of being told by female doctors that the only way to treat my perimenopausal symptoms was with antidepressants or synthetic hormones. I had done research and knew I wanted neither. Dr. Wharton is the only OB/GYN that I could find in this area who is knowledgable in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. He was the only doctor to actually take blood and saliva samples to see where my hormone levels were. I started feeling better in less than a week after starting the hormones. I've been on this treatment for less than a year, and have no more hot flashes, night sweats or crazy mood swings. So for that.. I say,"Thank You, Dr. Wharton." I have had no experience with him as an OB as my children were not born here. I am writing this review because I know people are prone to report a bad experience rather than a good one.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr Wharton is a no nonsense doctor, very very knowledgable,and fantastic in every area concerning OB/Gyn care.He has delivered two of my children,both high risk pregnancies without a hitch. He was supportive and kind, wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone that wants an excellent physcian.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I went to him with pain in my abdomen and irregular bleeding. After so many tests, he had me thinking I had cancer. The final test was a hysteroscope that he said was normal. That was it, all the other tests that had abnormal results he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know why but he didn't see anything therefore "you're fine". Well, I still have pain and abnormal bleeding and will not be going back. He interpretted the test results one way and then the next visit says something else entirely.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Dr. Wharton delivered my daughter, and my entire experience with him was unpleasant. During labor, I kept asking for an epidural, but he never came to ok it, even though he was in the hospital. By the time he finally did come in much later, I was curtly told it was too late to get the epidural. Labor was long and horrible. After the birth, while sewing up the epesiotomy (sp?), he was rough and it was painful, and he got snotty at me for flinching. Hey, let me stick a needle in your private area and let's see if you don't flinch! As for my experience, I found Dr. Wharton to be arrogant, unsympathetic, impatient, and rude. My next two children were delivered by other doctors who were kind, caring, and professional, and those birth experiances were much more pleasant.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

I WENT TO DR WHARTON FOR COMPOUNDING HORMONES. HE HAPPENS TO BE THE ONLY DOCTOR IN THIS AREA THAT DOES THIS. I SAW ON OPRAH THAT THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY DR WHARTON HAD ME PUT MY ARMS UP WITH MY HANDS ON THE BACK OF MY NECK AND THEN SQUEEZED MY NIPPLES. IT HURT VERY MUCH AND I SCREEMED AND ASKED WHY DID YOU DO THAT. HE SAID HE WAS LOOKING FOR PUSS. I NEVER COMPAINED ABOUT PUSS OR HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY BREAST. AFTER ONE MONTH WHEN I STILL HAD HOT FLASHES AND COULD NOT SLEEP, I ASKED TO HAVE MY MEDS ADJUSTED. THE END RESULT HE SAID IF HE HAD A 1940 CAR AND TOOK IT TO A GARAGE TO BE FIXED THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH THAT COULD BE DONE. HE IS A J E R K.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Keith H. Wharton's Credentials

• German

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 1981)