Ratings for Dr. Elwood Grandy

I have never been so insulted by a doctor in my entire life. I accompanied my boyfriend to two appts. The first I thought "Okay, he's a bit sarcastic and maybe a bit unprofessional, but he's at least looking into the problem." The second one, the two of us left with steam coming out of our ears. Grandy dismissed my boyfriend, treated him like a complete moron, and implied we were wasting his time. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. I will never set foot in that office again, this doctor should not have a career.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Love the doctor, the receptionist...not so much. Chick could give the ice queen a run for her money.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr Grandy has been our family doctor for over 25 years and he has always been there for us and treated us with respect. I could not say a bad thing about him or his secretary. Yes I have waited an hour to see him (not the norm) but that is not his fault as can't predict how many questions a patient will have. As for previous comments from another person regarding him taking vacations, I think he deserves a vacation after all his hard work. Thank you Dr Grandy and please don't retire because I need you even more now that I'm old.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Grandy has been our family doctor since he came to Windsor several years ago. He is a fine Doctor and one can talk to him like a brother. He has provided me and my family with excellent care. Lets hope that he retains his practise here as long as he can.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Dr Grandy is very good with children, speaking directly to them and providing a relaxed atmosphere for them. He is thorough and refers as needed. I am very pleased with his service. His receptionist is abrupt and seems put out by his patients. When calling my doctor with a need for my children I do not appreciate her manner.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Excellent Doctor who has provided quality service to my family and I since 1986. Does not beat about the bush, provides information as needed and required. One of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

The most wonderful Doc! He is always helpful and has a good sense of humor... If he is not sure what the issue is he will send u where you need to go to find out. He has been my doctor forever and he is the best.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

We could not ask for a better family doctor. Woody is kind, patient, intelligent, compassionate, hard working, and has a thorough understanding of a family's needs. This is perhaps brought about by the fact he has a lovely family consisting of two lovely daughters and and extraordinary wife. Woody is in my bopinion the best doctor in Nova Scotia if not Canada, and deserves a 5-star rating.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

starting at the beginning,calling there you get greeted with a cold voice that talks down to you like you ruined her whole day,upon arival theres more of the coldness from her,then you get propelled in and out,and he talks to you as hes walking out of the office,then he takes yet another vacation,which seems like one every three weeks.Other than that hey we gotta suck it up dont we?Is there a choice,who else would we go to,theres no doctors in Windsor taking patients,and they know this so we get treated less than animals,if I take my dog to the vet ,its friendly,thorough,and not hurried

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

Dr.Grandy has always been my family doctor. He is very easy to talk to about medical problems and is always willing to suggest an alternative to taking a Rx medication. It is great to know that if you need to been seen by the doctor that day, he and his receptionist try eveything they can to fit you in. I have never had to wait long for an appointment. He takes the time to really listen and provides a great bedside manner for his patients. I will never switch to another doctor. He deserves much praise and pats on the back for being a great family doctor. He truly is the best family doctor in the town of Windsor (I might even say in the Annapolis Valley)

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008