Ratings for Dr. Bushra Farooq

I can't begin to describe how a horriable dr this one is. I hated going to her. I have a fear of needles an extrem fear of needles and she wasn't concerned about giving me shoots in my leg where i couldn't see it she insisted in my arm right in my view. I as 6 weeks pregnante and miscarried because she insisted I wasnt pregnante but it turned out after I went to the prenatal clinic that I had miscarried. I'm high risk due to other issues. no bedside manner whatso ever. doesn't care about us taking time out of our day to come see her. it's like I was an inconvience to her for showing up. Definatly glad she's out of province now

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

very helpful and curteous, no problems at all

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I had several bad experiences with this doctor. Here is one of them: I went to see her when I was 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby. She told me that I did not need to see any doctors for the first 3 months of pregnancy. I have high blood pressure and I take medication. When I asked if the meds I was taking were dangerous to my baby, she said yes but didn’t believe I was pregnant and did not want to change my meds. She then told me she was going on vacation and would have no replacement. I had to take matter into my own hand so I called the prenatal clinic and they said I should be seen, they took excellent care of me and my unborn baby. The prenatal clinic determined that I had a high risk pregnancy and I was followed there on a regular basis. I never went to see Dr. Farooq again.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2007

VERY RUDE DOCTOR , MAKES YOU THINK YOUR WASTEING HER TIME . IF THATS WHAT DOCTORS WE HAVE LEFT TO CHOOSE FROM WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE. JUST BECAUSE SHES A DOCTOR DOES NOT MAKE HER BETTER THEN ME . IN CANADA WE DO NOT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT .

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

I just don't find that Dr. Farooq asks any questions about my baby. Shes only 6 months old and the dr has not once asked how shes eating, sleeping, etc. She always seems too rushed! She measures her length and her head and gives her needles, thats it!She's the doctor, I think she should be asking about the baby to make sure she is meeting milestones~

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Compared to my last doctor, Dr. Farooq is a godsend. She listens to me, she lets me talk about more than one thing during each appointment, an in general isn't an idiot. She may be a bit quiet and sometimes intimidating (as most doctors can be), but overall, I find her to be a nice doctor, and I'm glad to be one of her patients. I no longer fear going to the doctor the way I previously did.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

i stopped going after i told her my leg is hurting an she told me it was because i got hit by a truck that was 8 years ago an took my blood pressure with the small one an gave me meds to bring blood pressure down when she should of used large one so was takin meds 4 nothing!!!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

I find her to be quiet but very nice, I don't have big health problems but she did take time to help explain and reasure me with an issue I just had. It is true she makes you come back every 3 months for refills of perscriptions, but quite a few dr's are starting to do the same. It's a good chance to make sure there are no sudden changes happening, check blood pressure and so on. The rest of the staff in the office are good to.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

I went to her for a pap smear and trust me I wil never go back again! Even if that means I never have another test. She treated me like a slab of meat, not worthy of her time. I found myself wondering if it is because I am an anglo canadian? Her bedside manner is atrocious, she would benefit from a social interaction and communication class

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

If it were possible to pick your family doctor these days, I would NOT have picked her. I feel that she is only interested in making money and not in her patients. In order to get money from medicare for office calls, she makes you come back for additional appointments when all that is required would be to give a longer lasting perscription (it is not a narcotic just a regular prescription and since I have to take it for the rest of my life does it really make a difference if I get 6 months supply instead of 3!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007