Ratings for Dr. A.R. McKay

Doctor McKay delivered me as a baby. At 15 or so I was experiencing some extremely painful growing pains. He considered this growing pains, although after he retired and his son refused to take on my father as a patient dispite the fact his fafher had been carrying for my father for many years

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

best dr i had since i was 10yrs old, i am now 54 and miss him. cant find a good dr i am comfortable with.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. McKay is one of those doctors who just knows what is going on because of so many years of experience, lol. There is a bit of a wait in his office, but I couldn't see giving him a lower grade than 3 because I've waited at practically every appointment I've had with any doctor. Not to mention some doctors you have to wait 6 months to see, not just an hour in the waiting room the day of. He is compassionate and knowledgeable in what he does. There is a wait because he spends a significant amount of time with his patients, making sure all our questions are answered. Great Doc!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Dr. McKay has been my mother's physician for more than 25 years. My sister and I have been going with her to appointments recently because she can no longer drive. The wait can be long, but I am very pleased with the way he treats my mother professionally. My mother is 93 years old and lives on her own with assistance from her two daughters. She takes a few medications regularly, is very active and enjoying life. Not to say my mother has not had her encounters with health issues such as: Melanoma, glaucoma, breast cancer and kidney stones. All either diagnosed, or noticed by Dr. McKay who would then refer my mother to a specialist for confirmation. His follow up has always been thorough.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr McKay has been my general practitioner since I was 10 years old and now that I am 30 with chronic medical issues from several surgeries and injuries he is incredibly thorough, compassionate and responsible. He is also incredibly tardy and rarely keeps his appointment schedule at under a two hour in office wait. That's the price you pay to have all the time you need to speak to all the issues you may or may not have. The problems some of his patients ma have with him may be more due to the constraints of the Ontario health insurance system rather than of his making. He's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. McKay is wise and experinced in his profession, In my opinion is Windsor's finest, very personable, patient, and thorough. I hope he stays practicing for long, long, time!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

I was so happy that I finally found a doctor that referred me to a neurologist, I had been to two other doctors who told me to stop drinking coffee and my shakes would stop. I had a tremor, dizziness and had lost control of my left hand. Turns out I have MS. Unfortunately my prognosis is not good, but I'm glad I got started on treatment.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Dr. McKay has been my doctor for 10 years now. His experience and his sincerity in his work is what defines him as a physician. He may be one of the older physicians in the city, but unlike his younger counterparts, Dr. McKay's main goal is patient care rather than profiting off his patients. This is the reason for the wait to see him. He spends the time with his patients rather than rushing them through to maximize his paycheck.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

I am very unhappy with this doctor....to say the least. He has been experimenting on me for years with so many meds....he finally got me used to some and now suddenly told me he is cutting me off them. I now face immediate withdrawl symptoms, with no where to turn whatsoever. I find him very abusive at times, difficult to talk to or reason with. Many times he ignored my health issues. He IS too old and should retire before someone pays a terrible terrible price for his mistake!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Why would anyone say that Dr. McKay needs to retire - what kind of idiot are you. He is not sick and he most certainly is a caring Doctor. He'll spend as much time with you as you need. Is there a Doctor who doesn't charge to fill out forms? Such petty little stupid comments about a Doctor who will send you to any specialist you want and will even call London, Ont. for you if you choose to go there.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008