Ratings for Dr. Jay Dennett

Dr. Dennett and his staff are always kind and professional. As a patient for the past several years, he has helped clear many of my embarrassing skin conditions. I recommend Dr. Dennett to all of my co-workers and family near the city.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Courteous office and doctor. Explained a lot about my issues.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Very pleasant office. Doc was knowledgeable and helpful. He treated me for alopecia areata, and I got a great response to his therapy. I had to travel a good distance to see him (well worth it) and the office staff was always accommodating with appointments

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Went in for an office visit, and he told me I'd have to come back to actually get a cortizone injection. I also mentioned a second condition, and he told me we'd take care of it on the subsequent visit. On my second visit, he rushed in, shot up my face with cortizone, and rushed out, never even acknowledging my second condition. A year later, I'm left with a pretty red scar on my face where he quickly shot me with cortizone. I have since found a new dermatologist.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

After haveing a rash for about a month I saw this Dr. He diagnosed me correctly and gave me the appropriate medication,which did not cost me a lot of money. My rash cleared in two weeks completly.Very thankful. He was really nice. I also thought the front desk staff were nice.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I was referred to Dr. Dennett from two of my co-workers after seeing some awful dermatologists in New York City that could not cure me. He was very kind and correctly diagnosed and treated my condition called folliculitis. The office and the staff was very nice. I am happy that he is my new dermatologist.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr. Dennett removed 3 pre-cancerous moles for me, one of which was on my arm. Over 2 years later, I still have a scar which is discolored and worse than the mole was in the first place. I am probably scarred for life. He was very nice, and tried to make the scar better by chemically burning it, but it only made it worse.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

This doctor doesn't understand he has to have patience, communicate with the patient and observe the evolution of the disorder. He doesn't have the ability to see the big picture or maybe he does'n want to admit when he's wrong. He is not interested in having long term clients, but rather make quick money.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

i itched all over and he incorrectly diagnosed me as having eczema. i tried to ask him questions, but he cut me off every time. he told me to put on cortisone cream for 2 weeks, which made me worse, gave me a terrible rash. i called his office to get advice and the secretary said he doesnt accept phone messages or return calls. she said i'd have to come in for a follow up (for $125, no insurance). i refused, and went to an internist instead, who took a blood test and found that i was hypothyroid.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007

I can't tell he didn't try, he tried to help me but wasn't able to find the right treatment for my problem, or maybe he was just trying to keep me going to his office instead of telling me that I actually needed surgery (he kept on giving me cortisone injections instead!!) - I finally decided to go to another doc who told me I needed surgery. If I stayed with doc Dennett I would be probably still going there for useless cortisone shots (probably also dangerous at some point). He kind of knows what he is talking about but he cares more about the money than his patient's health, (at least, this is the impression he gave me).

flag | Submitted November 26, 2006

Dr. Jay Dennett's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1989)