Ratings for Dr. Geoff Butler

Dr. Butler has always been very helpful, kind and patient. His bedside manner is wonderful, he makes sure you understand and are on the same page. It's important to bare in mind the physician to patient ratio in Ontario is quite poor. He is doing the best that he can with what he has.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Unfortunately my large family and extended family are being forced to leave his practice. His staff/office manager is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with in my entire life. His practice has become HUGE and completely unaccessible. It's ok, if you don't have regular medication that you need refills on, then he'd be ok to stay with. But for a family with 3 people on controlled ADD meds, it just doesn't work anymore. This very unprofessional person said to me (when asking to be able to see Butler within a timely manner) that I was only ONE of 6500 patients in his practice and I shouldn't feel like I was special. Apparently seeing him in the clinic for the past three years means that he doesn't have any of our records in his office. TMC doesn't share their records with your own family doctor. I really love Dr. Butler and believe him to be an incredibly talented and intelligent man, I really wish we could stay with him, but when your practice has grown too large, and your patients and truly NEED access to you can't, then it's time to hire better and more staff and/or drop some patients. They ONLY answer their phones over a very short period of time (all during working hours of my job) and every single time I phone, I get either a busy signal or answering machine message. I can not "stop by" as they suggested, because they are always closed outside of my business hours! I'm very sad to be leaving this practice. I will truly miss his personality and his kind attentiveness to issues when you see him. I do with Dr. Butler the very best, especially a new office manager! LOL

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Butler has been my family doctor since he started his practice. I have always found him to be open and sympathetic to my concerns. He listens to the issues at hand and usualy has an idea of what is bothering me. At times, I know what I would like to have done or checked and he does not hesitate to send me to the right place. I have had concerns about one staff in particular because it is SOOOOO hard to get through to make an appointment and if you say something, the receptionist is very rude. At times, I have continued trying to get through for hours and have not succeeded so have given up (not on a day that they are closed). I agree that Dr Butler has taken on too many patients and am concerned for his own mental and physical well being at times. However, I would not change doctors anytime soon. I just wish it was quicker to see him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr.Butler and his staff are absolutely amazing. I have been with him for 16 years and my kids have been with him since birth. He has done everything humanly possible for me since my car accident. I swear I see him more then most of my family and he's always been attentive and listened to my concerns no matter how small.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

This doctor is very attentive to your needs and does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist if he recognizes your need for one. He sends you for images and bloodwork if he feels this will assist the specialist with his diagnosis and helps save the sometimes long wait with a specialist for a follow-up visit. The office staff are very organized, friendly, patient and extremely helpful. The doctor and staff work as a great team to provide the best healthcare one could need!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Fantastic Doctor very kind GREAT bed side manner !!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr.Butler is simply wonderful. He's thorough, knowledgable and approachable. It's important to remember how many patients he sees a day and that he literally just listens to complaints all day. There's a reason his practice is so big, because he's efficient and effective. Nothing but good things to say about him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was pregnant. When I came to him for information on what options would be best for me; He told me to, "google it" and didn't book me for an ultrasound and filled out the wrong blood test sheet. This dragged on unecessarily a very painful time in my life which later led to complications. I would never return to this doctor.

Submitted October 26, 2016

Can't even book an appointment. Anytime I call, I hear a busy signal. I had to go to the office to make an appointment. The receptionist is simply rude.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

The most thorough family doctor I have ever had. Although he is very busy it is because he is in high demand because he cares about the patient and their wellness.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016