Ratings for Dr. Antony C. Hou

Dr Hou is one of the WORST "doctors" I've seen and a poor excuse of a human being. Was referred to him after see a previous doctor (Dr. Quismorio in Covina) who was awful. Saw Dr. Hou two times. Once in upland and in his office at City of Industry. Turns out Dr. Hou and Dr. Quismorio are friends and in the first visit I had with him he let me know they were friends. His second question for me was, "Do you not think there's something wrong with you". Side note, if I wasn't in pain why would I be there....Anyways, I didn't get into much detail with him as to why I wasn't with Dr. Quismorio, only told him there's a differences in the level of what I think a professional is. The girl in the front office was very nice. I came out of that 1st visit thinking Dr. Hou was very arrogant but was willing to give it an chance. Boy was I WRONG, (birds of a feather stick together). Second visit with Dr. Hou was the WORST EXPERIENCE I've EVER had with a doctor. He comes in asking me how I felt, I said fine and that's were it all started. He said my levels say otherwise. He began to check my figures and hands and asked if I was hurting...I said no, everything is fine so he asked me to lift my arms and looked surprise that I could. So I asked him for my test results, and he said "what the front office didn't give them to you" (I've never been to a doctor's visit that give you your results before seeing the doctor). Trying to get my test results from him was like pulling teeth. This is were his bad attitude was in full swing. He didn't seem to have my results in front of him so he said, "I think it's 54/55 somewhere in between. He began to get upset because I asked him to explain what they meant. And when he through medical terminology at me I asked him to explain.He was just starring at me looking all annoyed...I stared back at him and asked him what my next step should be. After getting his response to the new medication he wanted me on and asking for the side affects I was done...I couldn't deal with his RUDE, ARROGANT ATTITUDE...I got up, said thanks and walked away (thanks for NOTHING, I wish I would have told him). He kept calling after me but I was done... I was so upset I called my insurance company and asked if there was a way to not pay this guy (waited longer to see him then the 5 minutes I had to deal with him).And unfortunately you can't file a complaint with the medical board for this type of behavior...actions speak louder than words....Don't forget your Oath....I'm being very polite in my review because it's not about the names I wanted to call him but about the lack of what a good doctor is about...Some doctors think they're better than you...Please don't forget that without us, there's no you....All I hope for Dr. Hou is that, in his time of need he gets treated with the same token he provided me on 4/06/15. I am sure he know who I am unless he gets alot of patients who walk out in the middle of there consultation.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

His interest seems to be in arthritis type conditions. I have fibromyalgia and he doesn't seem interested in the latest research or in my condition. He also seems skeptical whenever I tell him about side effects. I continue to see him because he does prescribe my voltaren gel. He did send me to a pain management doctor.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

I have had Dr. Hou for several years now treating my osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Always, I have found him to be professional, attentive, and knowledgeable. Needless to say, I am very happy to have him as my doctor, and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr Hou made my diagnosis of fibromyalgia after seeing primary care and neurology and no other diagnosis could be made. But after his diagnosis he continuously questioned me about depression. After I said I did not think I was depressed he prescribed something for the fibromyalgia but emphasized that it would help with my depression. My second visit he again continued to ask me if I was depressed. I told him the medication gave me sexual side effects, he said that it was uncommon. He then did a quick exam, while he continued to talk about medications for depression. Both visits he acted weird and looked at me like he did not believe my pain. He's the doctor that made my diagnosis I don't understand why he made me feel this way. I will not be going back to him ever!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Hou as my RA for over 3 years or so. I could not talk highly enough about him. His people skills and manner are so great and comforting. His concern, experience and knowledge are always his top priority. I could not ask any more from him and have nothing other then great things to say about him. What a Dr and I don't think I thank him enought for all that he has done for me.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

WOW! This is a great doctor. He was excellent, kind, responsible, and he discovered my complex problem and fixed it! :)

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010