Dr. Joseph Christopher Portera

Outstanding Staff Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joseph Christopher Portera

Dr. Potera has an excellent reputation, but I can't speak to that because after waiting 1 1/2 hrs. I left and am looking for another referral for the issue that I have. This amount of wait time is not acceptable IMO. My intake with the staff member was good, but I had no other interaction with any other staff. As to knowledge, I am speaking of the one staff member only.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Porter has performed two surgeries for me, most recently a hysterectomy, and he has done a wonderful job with both. He is an expert in his field and is meticulous and straightforward. He doesn't spend a lot of time making small talk or asking you about your feelings, but if you have a problem he addresses it professionally, politely, quickly, and throroughly. He really is the best in his field. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

The WHOLE crew at Dr Portera's office are so helpful and polite. As never going to the gynecologists is fun, they make you feel more relaxed and comfortable. I have only been a patient there for a couple of years but, I would highly recommend them....

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

I have been using Dr. Portera for numerous years. My mother and aunts were patients of his uncle. I am very pleased with the staff and Dr. Portera. I prefer the Memorial location. However, the office on Gunbarrel is very convenient.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

As a Nurse with The Memorial Continence Care, I work very closely with Dr Chris & his staff. I have the utmost respect & regards for his knowledge & professionalism as a Urogynocologist. Staff very warm & compassionate to the needs of his patients.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

The staff are warm and caring and always eager to make me feel comfortable. Dr. Porter was friendly, kind, easy to talk to and genuine in his desire to find the best outcome for my long term physical and emotional health and well being. I fell in love with these precious people who seem so dedicated in their work to provide me with excellent and professional care. Top notch all the way!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I love to visit this office staff and Dr. Portera. They are always pleasant and take time to communicate with me, not rush in and rush out. They listen to my problems and try to solve them. This staff has stayed after ours for just me to give me a treatment. Dr Portera is wonderful to work with he is open to how I feel about things. He gives me options and helps me choose what works best for me. He speaks to me personally about my test results. I can't say enough about this Dr and his staff! They make going to the gynecologist a lot easier. This Dr and his staff are definitely my favorite of all the Dr's I see!!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I would recommend anyone to see this doctor. He is very knowledgeable and helpful to his patients. He helped me and listened to me tell him my problems and concerns and he was very good at telling me all of the options available instead of jumping straight into surgery.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Portera is a wonderful Dr. He and his staff are always available for anything. I work in surgery with him and he is very meticulous about every surgery he does. His skills are above the rest. Women that work in surgery when they have a problem call him and he gets them right in and takes care of them. He is the best.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Very friendly, courteous, and caring staff, they will work with you on appointment times. Dr. Portera did my prolapse surgery with mesh. I had very bad complications from the mesh I believe. Dr.Portera and his staff were there for me the whole journey. He made sure I was taken care of and referred me to a wonderful orthopedic and I/D doctor. Everyone on the staff cares about you and will call and check on you. Dr. Portera is wonderful. He will be there for you if you have any problems. I am still under his care and I know I can call his office anytime I need something or have questions and I will be taken care of promptly. The office is very nice, bright, and clean. I would recommend this Dr and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Joseph Christopher Portera's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1991)