Ratings for Dr. Mary Redmond

I have seen Dr Redmond for quite awhile..She is a very patient caring doctor who takes the time to listen to my concerns So glad I was referred to her.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I've had Dr Redmond for some time now, and she really is a blessing. She feels for her patients, and with the pain that I am in for the better part of my life I am glad she is my Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Redmond was my pain Dr. many years ago. She has a great personality and took very good care of me! The office was always nice and clean and I never had an issue with punctuality. The staff was excellent as well. I hope she is still available and I can see her as a patient again. When I moved I was not able to find a doctor that could compare!!! C.S.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Misdiagnosed me big time 15 years ago. Finally have doctors that believe me. Went into Kemptville Emerg, after waiting a couple hours was told I have pulled muscles in both legs and I will be fine. In reality, it is a Labral Tear in my hip and now have bulging discs pressing on nerves from compensating due to the pain in my right hip/leg.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

She almost killed me. N I think she's hates First Nations people. She kept giving more n more drugs. She finally over dosed me on pills. Somebody should relieve her of her licence. The amount of pills she was giving me I should have died. She is incompitant as a Doctor n shouldn't be given the privilege of seeing people who are in pain. She yelled at me twice for giving her information about myself. Like she's a God, please. She never went over any of my other meds. before I saw her. She just added on. She mostly talks about her self n her garden n cats. She is not a pain specialist. She almost killed me. I brought someone in with me to prove what kind of a doctor she is. She took me off other meds n made me go through a withdrawal upon the first time I saw her. She's crazy. All I can say if she's nice to you n you like the dose she's giving you than your an addict. Run as fast as you can to get away from her, there's something wrong with this doc. Mary Remond. Good luck who ever stays with her.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

As with others, she insisted on putting me on narcotics and raised my dosage to the point that i am now dependent on them.This is after i explained the high rate of addiction in my family. I had to chase after her because she forgot to refill my prescription before she left on vacation and then she canceled those prescription without telling me. She has insulted my profession, expressed racist attitudes towards First Nations people and spends most of the appointment talking about herself. I will be looking for a doctor who actually cares about my health and not just turning people into addicts.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Dr. Redmond recently agreed to take over my care after the retirement of "Dr. Thompson" who was a godsend and helped me through the darkest most painful time in my life. Dr. Redmond didn't have to take me on as a a patient so when she told me she would I thought it was really, a very kind thing to do. I've seen Dr. Redmond 4 times and she's been polite, calm, and very helpful. The first time I met with her I was a bit intimidated and not expecting the large amount of questions about my life and family history, any past drug issues, etc. I had a really difficult time expressing myself properly and I wasn't able to give a good timeline of my life and the medical injuries and issues I had sustained. I just wasn't expecting it and due to my nerves I don't think I gave a very good impression of myself or what was causing my pain. Anyhow, after the long history and risk type assessment, we discusssed possibly continuing the treatment that "Dr. T" had initiated all those years ago if things went okay. I was given some blood work to do, and a urinalysis of some sort, it may have been a drug test I'm not 100% sure. The second time I met with her I was having an acute exacerbation of my asthma and was having trouble breathing and she noticed right away and she quickly got up and went and found a family doctor in her office and she convinced him to see me, and because of her I didn't have to go to walk-in clinic or hospital to get treated. The third appointment we discussed my medications more in depth, and I explained my sleep difficulties and that I likely had apnea but never was able to complete a hospital sleep study due to insomnia. There just happens to be a company working close by her office that offers an affordable apnea test you can bring home and put on before bed and it would diagnose apnea. On my most recent appointment we discussed my medications more and I told her that I was having a lot of fatigue and pain and most of all I was curious if she could help me try something for my muscle spasms. She helped me find something I could try to see if it helped and it was something covered by my ontario drug benefit plan, which is good because half the time doctors prescribe me things I can't even afford. I have trouble getting to my doctors appointments in Toronto because the cost is obscene and it's difficult to get ODSP to reimburse for any money spent on travel. Dr. Redmond explained that it may not even be necessary to go to Toronto and that there is something called "Telemedicine" and that I could possibly call Sick Kids in Toronto and ask if the doctor would be willing to do the Telemedicine and if the doctor said yes, all I would have to do is drive 25 minutes to Winchester and have the session at the location on a program similar to Skype but more secure. She always has really good ideas or solutions to problems that I've never heard of before. She's always punctual, and she never rushes me out of the office. She saw me for almost an hour the other day and I told her of my plan to finally finish high school from home and she was supportive, and told me the best way to approach the whole thing without setting myself up to fail. Anyways, I know that was long but I thought I give an honest run down of how my appointments have gone so far.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

She has left my husband without proper attention or refills for his narcotic prescriptions that he is is now physically addicted to. This has happened on more than one occasion without explanation - her office staff could care less - withdrawal at any age is a very difficult thing to go through and even more difficult to watch but at his age it is dangerous - this is disgraceful lack of responsibility by a medical practitioner - at the very least. Someone without a any medical or moral principles. If you are going to prescribe narcotics as part of a pain management regime take care of your patients.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

One couldn't ask for a more compassionate, kind and personable doctor than Dr. Redmond. I began seeing her after a car accident, all conservative treatments failed, and back surgery failed as well. I was seen by the pain clinic at the General until they decided that they weren't treating fibromyalgia/chronic pain patients any more. Mary has been a God send - she believed me when I told her about my pain, and unlike WSIB, didn't question or spy on me. She made my life livable again, and I'm now able to go on vacations and sleep better too. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I was initially pleased as the medications she prescribed started to improve my quality of life. She kept adding different medications to my list over the years and I ended up in the hospital, bedridden for over a year. The ER doctor and now my new pain specialist were both shocked not only at the number of different medications, but also at the dosage amounts. It took me four years to recover from the impact of the long list of medications she gave me.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014