Ratings for Dr. Mary Redmond

I had a near fatal head on collision on highway 16. It was a careless driver fault. I have a lot of slipped discs in my neck and back, fractures in my right leg, crushed chest, cuts and bleeding lungs from impact. I had to learn to walk again. Ten years latter I was diagnosed with a rare disease called Behçet’s disease. That’s inflamation of all the blood vessels in my body. I am constantly in pain. She put me on a extremely high dose of OxyContin a day. I took 5 40gm of OxyContin a day. Then she switched me to fentalyne patches. She gave me 5 patches of 50’s every 48 hours for 12 years. It gave me my life back and was able to enjoy and be present for my twin daughters. Now I m told by her that the new guidelines are that you are only allowed to wear 2 patches. I have to be in a rapid tapering , in three months to get off of them, and then go on either suboxone or methadone! I am not an addict I am in a lot of pain. I am now in withdrawl with nothing to replace the pain. Long story short, I reported her to the College of Physicians and also found out that she was remanded for unsafe prescribing practices in September of 2017. Go there and read it. She is a terrible doctor with no heart. She only talks about herself and never asks how I am feeling. If you don’t understand something she rolls her eyes at you! Like your an idiot. So unprofessional! I only hope you will all join me in reporting her practices. I was to call her and make an earlier appointment than Decemberbut I have left 5 messages over two weeks with no response. Supposed to work together to help me . That’s a laugh! Keep me as a patient and or refer me to somebody else. I only hope. Don’t be afraid of her she is not God of Opiates. Basically handed me a death sentence for my pain management. I might as well be dead without my proper pain meds. I will go back to laying in bed and crying my eyes out. I get does in and out of my body from the Behcets. I only pray that God will help me.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

Very happy with this doctor. I never feel rush, pays attention. Glad she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

The comments above should be extra excellent pain Dr. also.Dr. Redmond is the best doctor going she has helped so much with pain and other things she has picked up by talking. Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

She is a great doctor for someone who requires unending medication refiills, and who is not an advocate for their own health and well-being. If you want to be on meds for the rest of your life, and want to listen to someone's pointless anecdotes, this is your doctor. Don't expect anything more of he r as she does not go out of her way to treat the patient, she is a pill pusher and serves her own interests, not those of the patient. There are far better pain professionals out there. My personal opinion, she is petty, shallow, and lacking in empathy and professional competence.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Redmond's for 15 years or so and have been extremely impressed with her care. She always takes time to listen, even if it means going over the time of your appt. (I now quite often book a double-time appt. so patients are left waiting). She has given me my life back with both medication and exercises designed to help. Her staff is great, too. We're about the same age, and I have told her several times she is not "allowed" to retire until either my pain issues dissipate or I'm dead. Always gives her a good laugh. :^) She's a fantastic person and an exceptional doctor. Trish P.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

She put me on the highest dose of Fentanyl patch and also added Oxycodine if needed, which I did not need, yet she prescribed it. On one of my visits to her I had an 8am appointment and had not slept well the night before so I was tired . I closed my eyes in her waiting room and they were closed when she called me in to her office, Without telling me, she wrote a letter to the Ministry of Transportation reporting that I had failed a sleep test and that I was on strong pain medication. She did this not only without telling me anything, but also while she knew that I had a specialist sleep Dr who had decided that I was fine to drive. I only found out that she had done this when the Ministry sent me a letter suspending my driver's license indefinitely. I was left unable to drive and had to wait to redo sleep tests which i passed. Only then my driver's license was re-instated. I lost all trust in her and fired her. It was my knowledgeable GP who helped me get off the patch which probably saved my life. She is a terrible Dr.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I have seen Dr Redmond for quite awhile..She is a very patient caring doctor who takes the time to listen to my concerns So glad I was referred to her.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I've had Dr Redmond for some time now, and she really is a blessing. She feels for her patients, and with the pain that I am in for the better part of my life I am glad she is my Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Redmond was my pain Dr. many years ago. She has a great personality and took very good care of me! The office was always nice and clean and I never had an issue with punctuality. The staff was excellent as well. I hope she is still available and I can see her as a patient again. When I moved I was not able to find a doctor that could compare!!! C.S.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Misdiagnosed me big time 15 years ago. Finally have doctors that believe me. Went into Kemptville Emerg, after waiting a couple hours was told I have pulled muscles in both legs and I will be fine. In reality, it is a Labral Tear in my hip and now have bulging discs pressing on nerves from compensating due to the pain in my right hip/leg.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016