You may also like

Dr. Carol Clewans thought my high A1C was incompatible with hypoglycemic reactions until she saw my glucose tolerance tests which indicated a low blood sugar after 2 and 3 hours. The A1C is an average measurement of glucose over the last 3 months and does not indicate that there cannot be sugar lows after meals. She indicated that my symptoms must have been in my head and never allowed me to calmly present my concerns. I believe a doctor needs to allow the patient to describe what he/she has experienced and not invalidate what is presented. If the host of symptoms cannot be immediately classified into a category that the doctor easily understands it is OK to say that she does not know; there is no need to dismiss the patient. I have never experienced the same treatment from any doctor in any specialty.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Excellent! I started seeing her when my A1C was 12.1. At this time my A1C is 6.3. She is one of the very best endocrinologists I've ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Carol Clewans's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet
The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America
Wellpoint

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Carol Clewans thought my high A1C was incompatible with hypoglycemic reactions until she saw my glucose tolerance tests which indicated a low blood sugar af..."

September 21, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=427213'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014