You may also like

Rate Dr. O Makinde

Dr. O Makinde's Ratings

Dr. Makinde is one of the most knowlegable, caring, compassionate and well mannered physicians I have ever encountered.Having been in the medical field I am well aware how rare these qualities are to find in a doctor.He really makes a patient feel at ease and confidant that their health needs are in good hands, always referring to specialists when the need arises rather than doing a trial and error approach as many doctors who think they are Gods do.He listens to his patients and takes their input into consideration at all times treating everyone with such respect.Granted you may have to wait at times for your appointment ONLY because he is thorough with his patients so that they leave with the confidance of knowing their health concern has been thoroughly diagnosed and looked after.He is not ooposed to supplements providing they have no adverse effects on the patient and is quite interested in all areas of health care both conventional and alternative therapies which provide his patients the opportunity of choices .He often wolfs down his luch having devoted his scheduled lunch time to assist a patient in their health needs.He is very selfless and puts his patients first above all else.I don't live in WIndsor and it is quite a exertion to make a trip to WIndsor but I can't receive this quality of care elsewhere so I never mind the wait, knowing that another patient is needing extra time to deal with a health issue and that he/she is getting the high quality of Dr. Makinde's medical expertise.He has called when I have needed him to and that indeed is very rare to find in this day and age.As another has commented I too have noticed him looking fatigued at times due to his committment to helping patients and the lack of quality doctors available in this area, he tries to ensure everyone who comes to his office is given the highest quality of care.He never takes long vacations to return home to visit family due to his committment to his patients.I have never met a family doctor so dedicated.His personality is calming and reassuring and down to earth and helps to inspire confidence in your treatment.He takes a patients input as to their course of treatment with respect and is not one to be a "pill pusher".He is not "in league" with any drug companies so I know that his choice of medications prescribed are solely for the reason of what medication is best to treat whatever the health issue is.He is not opposed to patients using natural remedies providing there is no danger to the patient's health.Unfortunately patients think that a "natural" product or supplement is safe when in many casses that is so far from the truth.He is constantly researching and keeping up to date on the latest medications,supplements and treatments.He is the total package of an incredible doctor.And Lisa is absolutely amazing.I thank God for having them to help manage my health.We need more docotrs like Dr. Makinde in this world.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2886905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

My experience with Dr. makinde has always be awesome. Although, I stay for 30 mins at times before I got been called in to see him. But, that is still not bad compared with other family doctors. I am very satisfied with his work. HE always goesbeyond his required duty to care with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2857438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

i agree with other posters here, the staff is rude and devious. totally unreliable, that had an awesome girl named KAREN way back , when she left it was terrible, in fact the one girl is so rude i want to change doctors even though i love Makinde. he should fire that girl i thought i was the only one who noticed this, but sure enough the last 3 posts confirmed what i believe

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2697712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

A wonderful and thorough doctor that cares about his patients! When I was diagnosed with cancer it was because he was so thorough that I received the help I needed on time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614041].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Dr Makinde is awesome. He is always helpful. I am so happy to have a doctor who doesnt try to push medications and he respects the fact I want to manage things naturally with supplements ect. He even gives me advice and tips for natural remedies ect. He is always prompt in sending me to specialists and is very sincere and caring. The only problem I have is the staff. Lisa is great but, there new receptionist is very rude.... They tend to over book and you could wait forever even if you have an appointment... But he is worth the wait. I am thankful to have him as a doctor! Thank you Dr Makinde!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Every single time I have made an appointment I have been left waiting over an hour in a waiting room. I've watched people who came in much later than me be taken in before me ... at this point I could go to a clinic to have the problem taken care and still be in and out of there before being able to see my doctor when I had a SCHEDULED appointment. Today I sat there for about an hour and a half listening to the phone ringing off the hook behind the nurses glass partition while they laughed and giggled with each other ... gee, wish I could just ignore my patients when I'm at work. :( This has been a long time in coming but I need to look into finding another doctor with some accountability to his patients!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1876081].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Dr Makinde is very kind, caring, knowledgeable and humble. I love having him as my family doctor. Sometimes the wait is long, but in his defense I must say that I can hear his other patients telling him their life stories through the very thin walls, and he's too polite to brush them off :) Highly recommended doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Makinde is very helpful and knowledgable. Been with him since I was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago. Lisa is the best too.!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876079].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2010

He is wonderful Doctor and knows what he is doing. Very polite,well behaved,caring and always followup. I am over satisfied with his treatment and knowledge, I think he is best in Canada. Very hard to find this kind of doctor and feel lucky to have him. God bless him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

I’ve been his patient since he started practicing in Windsor. I am really happy that I discovered him. Dr Makinde is an excellent doctor, a good diagnostician, with excellent manners, always referred me to the best specialist. Good bless him and help him to keep up his wonderful work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1876077].votes_count ]]