Ratings for Dr. Sean MacKey

Excellent doctor. Knows his subject and material and is always willing to help. He recognizes the pain and suffering his patients are going through and tries to help them best manage their pain. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Over 2 hours late, waiting for a complete idiotic excuse of a physician. I might as well go to disneyland & wait 2 hours in line, at least I would get something out of it. Arrogant, annoying & pathetic. It is clear how insecure he is, because I waited 2 hours to listen to this idiot compliment himself repeatedly & talk about things that had no relevance in the appointment. He is a waste of time. I wouldn't take my son's hamster to him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

At the Stanford Pain Clinic the patient is seen first by an intern, then the resident. Dr. Mackey gracefully reversed the decision of his intern giving me access to treatment that has eliminated the headaches I'd suffered for 30 years. I first saw him in 2002. He extends every effort to make clinic visits easier. He listens closely and responds with practical solutions. Mackey is also positive and friendly--unnecessary attributes in a physician.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

Mackey is a completely arrogant and rude person. He just does not give you the right gut feeling the second you meet him. I have no respect for him and would rather be treated by the spine center there than the pain clinic. Stay away from him

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

I second the previous patient's opinion. Mackey is extremely arrogant. He was 3 hours late to see me. He is extremely demeaning to patients and I experienced it first hand. He does not seem to know anything about pain interventions and just wants to sell his psycho babble. My father is a psychiatrist and he was in the room with me and sat quiet the whole time and when we left he was just floored at how arrogant a doctor can be. He does indeed focus more on showing off in front of the fellow that was in the room examining me and he is consumed with himself. He is single handedly the most arrogant doctor that I or my father is in his 25 years of psychiatry have seen. DO NOT SEE HIM. That Stanford Pain clinic is run by Mackey and if he is a representation of what a compassionate pain management doctor is, I would rather suffer.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2007

Dr. Sean MacKey's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1994)

Ameritas