Ratings for Dr. Mark Sunderland

I had eyelid surgery with this doctor. This doctor completely ruined my eyelids. He used an outdated technique that has a high incidence of complications. He did not provide proper follow-up or care. After consultation with several specialists I am shocked at his lack of knowledge. He did not acknowledge his mistakes and did further surgery to "fix" the problem that made it worse. He did not want to refer me to a specialist because of his pride. He is not up-to-date on the best/safest methods. I have eyelids that do no function properly and are disfigured. He ruined my life. I hide in shame and embarrassment at my appearance. Run screaming from this doctor. Do not go to him for any cosmetic procedure. You will regret it. HE is always on-time b/c he rushes you out.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

My wife's tummy tuck , and c-section scar reduction , were a total waste of money! The results for both procedures left her looking worse ! His response, she needed to lose some weight. Bull , she is a petite 5'4 and 115lbs! This guy is a ****, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Arrogant, rushed, no "bedside manner", terrible personality and did not answer my questions. I felt what he said was "take it or leave it" and did not care what what my concerns were. After surgery when I went to his office for follow-up he didn't even look at the healing / scar. Didn't tell me the results of the biopsy, in fact he didn't even remember he sent for one until I asked for the result. I was left with the feeling he tries to get as many office visits as possible and rushes from room to room. If you have another option, use someone else.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2010

Dr. Sunderland did my breast reduction 2 years ago. During the consult he was quick and to the point. He talked about the procedure in the hospital prior to the surgery, he made sure I knew what to expect. Before my hospital release he apologized for being late, he checked my breasts and gave me instructions. I have to say he did an excellent job. My breasts are beautiful, nice shape and perky, scars are not noticable. I do have some numbness on the lower part of both breasts but I am very happy with the results.... P.Michele Webb

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

This doctor has operated on my husband twice, neither had a good result. He has never removed the screws that should have been taken out of my husbands ankle over 10 years ago. We have seen him 3 time about it and he never has time to do it. He also repaired a torn tendon that has never healed correctly and left my husband with a finger that does not move. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

I live out of town and I saw a plastic surgeon in Canmore and I got in to see him within 2 weeks and then he said that I would have to wait 4 months for surgery on my finger thats with a open sore and in so much pain. So we called Dr. Sunderlands office and Jan the recp. was very concerned and got me in to see him within a week and the day that I saw him he got me in for surgery the same day a my appt. He is so caring and thoughtful to myself and to my family. I could not thank him enough. Thank you again Dr, Sunderland and staff. He has a fantastic bedside mannor and he really does care about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

the beginning of dec, i had my jaw broken... I went to the hospital and they suggested this doctor...when i first met him he was very rushed and disorganized... when i finally got into my surgery he was very rushed.. weeks passed and the pain kept getting worse and worse and all he suggested was more pain killers... 80 perks 40 t3's penicillin and tridural which didnt help at all...this doctor is trying to get me hooked on meds, than trying to help... it is getting to be about a month since and the swelling is still there same with the pain and the is getting worse. I am waiting for my doctors word and i may have to go for another surgery which will include rebreaking my jaw then wiring it shut. I will strongly suggest if you see this surgeons name, i highly recommended changing the surgeons... If you go with him you will recieve the same ignorance and impatient doctor I did. Dr. Sunderland get a new profession!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

I had a problem with a deep wound on my ankle that just wouldn't heal and was very sore. Kept me from doing what I normally could do physically. I had tried to explain that it felt as though there was something stuck inside the wound but he just kept giving me injections, then two outpatient surgeries and finally put me under to do a skin graft. Still didn't heal and actually got much worse! I asked for a second opinion and it turned out that it was exactly what I had suspected in the first place - a suture from my tendon that never disintegrated and kept the wound from healing. If he had listened to me in the first place I wouldn't have had to go through 3 surgeries to rectify something that could have easily been looked after in my first visit with him.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

My doctor referred me to him after I noticed a spot on my face that wouldn't go away. Four months later I had a 'consultation' with this doctor. Seemed rushed, very quick, and thought I was too young to have skin cancer. A month later I got the procedure done. I was in the room for less than 3 minutes. WTF? I could have got this procedure 4 months by my doctor. I guess I would have to see about the scarring, if any. Too early to tell, it was done four days ago. If this problem on my face recurs, I am forcing my family doctor to refer me to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2008

I had to have carpal tunnel surgery re-done on my left wrist, as a previous physician had messed it up. Dr. Sunderland did a grand job.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008