Ratings for Dr. Bruce M. Saal

He prescribed me and my husband cream for our face to help rid dark spots. After a few days of using the product (his product), both got itchy and red. Called the office and explained the problem with the person who answered . They recommended we stop using it and begin again once itching and redness is gone. It went away after a week. We both began using it and AGAIN, it returned. This time, we both noticed blistering (slightly yellow, meaning that it's infected!) Called Saals office again. They told us to come in. He said the infection is not from the cream and that it's from either my husband or myself! Absurd!!!! He prescribed an antibiotic and it went away after several days. Horrible. Few weeks go by and he's charged my insurance and myself for the last visit, eVEN THOUGH IT WAS A FOLLOW UP EMERGENCY. I refused to pay the amount billed to me after explaining why I shouldn't be responsible. Got a certified letter from Saal stating "I am no longer your physician." Garbage for Dr!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

I love this dermatologist. Dr. Saal is so professional and is so good at explaining his procedures. I was very surprised to read negative reviews. I think this doctor is excellent.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I have had fatty tumors removed by Dr. Saal. He has always done a very good job with very little scarring after. The office wait can be a little longer than desired however he never rushes his patients and spends the time discussing the treatment with you.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I haven't seen this doctor, but his staff for tattoo removal is above par.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

I had laser done on my face. After 1 month the spots or brusing didn't go away so I made an appointment to see Dr. Saal. I was afraid it was going to be permanent. I asked him it was going to go away. He went through different analogies with me for a good half hour about being burned. I just wanted to know what I can do to get rid of the spots. So finally he suggested using a cream that I have been using to help minimize it. He thinks it is "probable" that the spots are permanent. Also, I want to mention that SOME but not all of the staff members that works there rude and not friendly at all.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

He’s insensitive, and obnoxious. I had brown patches on my face which usually happens due to pregnancy or lack of using sun screen. I asked him few questions. He started talking to me very slowly as if I was dense. I speak four languages and I thought if anyone is dense here .it’s him! I didn’t feel satisfied when I left his office.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

This doctor never treated me directly until I suffered severe burns from laser hair removal. I have scars for life. He was rude and made me feel very uncomfortable and insensitive to my situation...2nd degree burns that took weeks/months to heal.The after care was not good either. He tried to minimize my injuries and refused to even look at all of the damage that had been done and told me to get over the mountain and move.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

I used the cream prescribed by doctor and my face was alergic to the cream. it turned to red and itchy, etc. I called the assistant early morning and said this is urgent, i need to see the doctor right away but assistant said "the next available appointment is next week since doctor is there only until 2pm!!!! I could not believe it, so i explained again that this is urgent and i can't go to work with this face; she replied, everybody is urgent and there is nothing she can do... I just thought to go to office at 1pm and there was no body there waiting. Talked to assistant and she saw my face too, while she was pissed that i went there without appointment, but said i have to stay there and she will check with doctor see if she can let me in. She finally called me after 1h:45m (2:45) and i saw the doctor but i asked the doctor but in the most painful way... For the money they charge, you have MUCH better options...Save your Time and Money, Stay away from these people..these assistants should be fired

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

My husband and I have seen Dr. Saal off and on for years, and our faces look a lot better because of him. We are impressed with his knowledge and effectiveness. And he keeps investing in new equipment and techniques. That is, he has a lot of different solutions available, so he's not trying to make one machine do the job of two. Everything he's done has turned out great, so I feel safe with him. And he's fun to talk to.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2009

Dr. very good, he is treated my skin very good, but after 1 year it is coming back , So I had to make appointment to come back to see Dr. again .

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Dr. Bruce M. Saal's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

MSP/BC Med