Ratings for Dr. Doris Lu

Having my eyes checked and choosing a new pair of sunglasses was a wonderful experience with Doris Lu and her team. She is thoughtful and thorough in checking my eyes and was able to really give me a better understanding on the health of my eyes. Her staff was so patient with me as I decided on a pair of sunglasses and not ever did I feel pressured to buy. I have been a patient of dr Lu's for years now and will continue to be.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I have been going to Dr Lu of and on for 30 years for my eye exams and glasses. I have always found her pleasant and willing to help. However, on my latest visit she misdiagnosed my eye problem as cataracts even though I was blind in one eye. I had to wait four months to see a specialist on cataracts. In fact I had suffered a retinal displacement and was told it was too late to repair the damage. I now must undergo an operation to save the eye. I am now permanently blind in one eye. So beware.

Submitted December 4, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Lu I have been concerned about my vision for over a year now, and have spoken to both my family doctor and another optometrist. Neither had any concerns regarding my eyes. As my vision worsened steadily and headaches became a daily routine, I visited Dr Lu. Her equipment is state of the art, and she took the time before my visit to research possible conditions which could cause my symptoms. That alone is very rare. Most importantly, Dr. Lu was able to diagnose the problem with my eyes. It turns out it was a very serious problem which would have led to blindness had I not visited her for a second opinion. Not all professionals are equal in any field, And Dr. Lu is extremely thorough. I was not even aware some of the tests she did even existed after seeing other optometrists. Her staff is also very friendly, which is an added bonus. There is a review I am reading below mine, where the person is complaining about the price of her services. Seriously? The best, most up to date medical equipment is expensive. Taking the time to research before a patients appointment is time consuming and exceedingly rare. This is my eyesight. Without it, I can not work and make a living. Had I not been lucky enough to encounter Dr. Lu my condition would have progressed to an irreparable state within a year. Now, thanks to her, I can have day surgery and keep my vision and my career. I don't know about you, but to me, that is priceless. Thank you Dr. Lu. For everything. Michael Lauzon

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Don't waste your money here. It is way overpriced and Dr. Lu is constantly trying to push a sale and get you to buy items you don't need (sunglasses, more contacts, etc). Her staff is no different. I made the horrible mistake of buying from her on two occasions despite the fact that I was overpaying. I was lazy about going anywhere else - shame on me. But both times I purchased glasses, there was something wrong with them. Either the lens had lines all over them, the strength of the prescription was wrong, or the frames were bent out of shape. Dr. Lu spends her energy talking you to death. You feel constantly pressured and bombarded with buy-buy-buy, spend spend spend tactics. It's a horrible experience. Her staff does the same thing. It's quite an odd environment. Sometimes I wonder if she even knows what she is talking about. Anyway, never again. Ties severed. Save yourself the hassle and the money and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Overpriced service. Paid almost $700 for glasses and exam. Never again!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have been getting my eyes checked by her for the past 3 years and have had a positive experience each time. She is knowledgeable in her field and explains what she is doing as you go a long so that you feel engaged and have an understanding of what she is checking and why. She makes the atmosphere a lot more casual and makes you feel at ease while checking your eyes. In addition, her assistant does a great job at helping you choose a glasses frame that suits you.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Dr. Lu is a very knowledgeable optometrist. I went in for a thorough eye examination out of fear of retinal detachment. She patiently took the time to explain to me the warning signs and repeatedly told me what to do in case of an emergency. It's also comforting to know that she has the latest technology to do a comprehensive exam of your eyes and be aware with the state of the eyes. I find her quite amuzingly blunt and talkative, which is pleasant for me because it eases the anxiety I usually associate medical appointments with.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Our family had been going to her for many years, we very much appreciate her thoroughness and generosity with trial lenses. At one point my husband tried another optometrist only to go back to Dr. Lu as her found her testing more rigorous. She is talkative, but also incredibly friendly and her hearts in the right place. I never thought the conversation distracted her from the tests.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Always a pleasure to visit Dr. Doris Lu. Very informative doctor who takes the hassle out of getting your eyes checked. Her staff is very polite and accommodating. Would always recommend to a friend.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I have been very happy with the care I receive from Dr Lu. Yes, a visit costs more than some, but there are more tests performed routinely, and with a family history of retinal problems, I want to be sure trouble is caught early. Having had an issue missed by a previous eye doctor, I appreciate the additional testing. Dr Lu has also been very generous with free trial lenses and I like being able to compare the feel of different types before buying (and, yes, the prices on lenses are very competitive). I have definitely not had this experience at other places.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014