Ratings for Dr. John Cameron

I trusted doctor Cameron for 20 years, he is the reason i am walking today, i wish he will come out of retirementhe replaced the right knee and today it is my best knee.i am going to see his replacement Dr Tomescu,for the next knee ,only because Dr Cameron trusted him with his patients.and i trust Dr Cameron.we miss you Doc. Your patient Valerie Mohan

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr Cameron was my doctor for 20 years, i miss him so much, because of his amazing work i am pain free with my right knee replacement and other surgeries.i need the other knee done and i wish he was available to do my surgery.please Doctor Cameron come out of retirement you are missed by all your patients.Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr Cameron replaced my already but unsuccessfully replaced left knee in November of 2015 and my right knee in May of this year. I have been totally happy with my care. The interns who are studying under him are great. My only complaint is that he is retiring. I am thankful that he was able to fix both of my knees. My legs are finally straight and look perfectly normal for the first time in my 52 years. No more knock kneed bowed legs for this lady. Thank you Dr Cameron.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Saw Dr Cameron after being referred from another Orthopedic Surgeon. Well worth the wait to get an appointment to see him. Without even looking at the MRI or X rays I had brought, He was able to look at my knee / leg and tell i needed a rotational tibia osteotomy because of my large q angle and was able to see that i will also need my other knee done in the near future. Now because of cut backs and the hospital only doing operations once a week i will have to wait up to 2 years before getting a surgery date. I am sad he will be retiring this June but it sounds like his replacement is just as good of a surgeon as he is.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Dr. Cameron replaced my hip in 2007 when I was 42. I followed all the post-op rules and have had an incredible recovery. Now, 8 1/2 years later I need the other hip replaced and I have every confidence in him. He is a quiet and introverted person, which I believe comes across as arrogance. He is definitely confident in his skills, and he should be. He takes on complicated problems that other surgeons are not capable of. Be prepared for your appointment. Tell him what you are experiencing, ask questions, listen closely to his advice, then take it. His wait list is long and his waiting room is packed. He has to deal with these poor conditions, but he did not create them. Why he hasn't hightailed it for U.S. is beyond me. His secretary is wonderful. She, too, is put in a terrible position as the daily bearer of bad news to would-be surgical patients. Dr. Cameron operates only one day a week, thanks to cut backs. Liz gets to get to inform people that their long wait just got longer.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Worst Doctor I have ever met. During my first appointment an intern was present and the entire time he talked to him as if I was not in the room. During the appointment he made reference to the many important sport injuries and surgeries in his career. He made me raise my leg once and pronounced a diagnosis. He did not listen to what I was saying or answered my questions then or in subsequent visits. After a couple months of physio and a cortisone shot (which he had prescribed) there had been no improvement, and I had developed secondary issues with the other hip and knee. In the meantime my GP had had an x-ray and MRI done, but during subsequent visits to Dr. Cameron actually refused to look at the results, saying he did that only when surgery was necessary. On my last visit to see him, a visit his office scheduled, he told me my file had been closed - yet it had not. He was supposed to evaluate my condition after the first cortisone shot and then decide if another was necessary or if another course of action should be taken. During my 5 minute visit he was rude and arrogant. He was confused, had not even looked at my file, provided vague advice for someone with arthritis - which I don't have. He refused to prescribe another cortisone shot and provided no other alternative to help with the healing process. Needless to say I have seen another specialist since then and I am on my way to recovery. It is quite clear that from the moment he determined I would not need surgery he was completely uninterested in my case and did not care about investigating the injury further. I think it is high time he retires. I would not recommend Dr. Cameron to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. John Cameron repaired both of my knees (ACL tears) after playing football for UofT as a running back. 15 years later they are both holding up great with no soreness, discomfort or pain. After rehab I have played soccer every summer and I'm confident that the knees will hold up to the riggers of the cutting and sprinting. I feel blessed that I had Dr. Cameron as my surgeon as I believe I'll be able to run and play with my kids later on in life because of his skills as a surgeon. I found Dr. Cameron at a UofT football game years later and told him how grateful I was. He just smiled at me and said, "I did whatever I could". Recommend him to everyone! Peter. H.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. John Cameron first operated on my right knee in 1987. I required another scope procedure in 1996 after a knee injury. Due to poor bio-mechanics I had a HTO - high tibial osteotomy in 1997. Dr. Cameron is one of few surgeons who performs this very high skilled procedure. Thankfully my left knee is now 100%. Moving on now to my right knee, I had a scope in 2005 for a torn meniscus. My last surgery in 2013 on my right knee was for a total knee replacement. I am so very grateful to John Cameron for his surgical hands for repairing both my knees. As now both are now bionic. Thank you and whoever gets the opportunity to work in the operating room with you must know you are one of the best on the planet.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr. Cameron operated on my left knee in 2001,after a severe accident and I am now walking again when I have been told by other Drs that I should have been at best in a wheelchair if I had not had'Dr. Cameron as my surgeon. I believe this is true and am very gratefull for all he did! [It was reconstructive surgery and I am still walking on my own knees today!] Respectfully submitted, J.m. Gardner 02/02/15. (14yrs. Later)

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr Cameron has replaced both my knees, as well as two other procedures on my right knee. Although his manner might seem a bit detached, I'm happy to trust a surgeon who gets excited by the challenge of each operation, and how it will help!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015