Ratings for Dr. Charles R. Niles

Dr. Niles is wonderful. Most knowledgeable and caring. Yes, you'll have a long wait to see him but it's worth it. Our eyes are precious and he's the best in the business. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Very arrogant. When asked about the frequency with which cataracts occurred in both eyes, he was very disrespectful. When I advised him that it was my understanding that cataracts do not usually occur in both eyes at the same time, he told me that I was ignorant and that I should check the Internet for facts. I had researched this before the appointment. Patients were waiting hours past their appointment time to see him and one was very vocal. We will never go back. I left feeling that he was just running a business rather than a medical practice.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr Niles advised me of my surgical options and recommended the best possible course of action for me. The patient comes first with Dr Niles.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I used medicare and empire insurance and paid extra for special lens. Dr. Niles is a wonderful, caring man. He called each night after my two cataract surgeries. That was so thoughtful and made me feel good to know that he was checking up on me. If I have to wait a short time to see him it's worth it. I don't feel comfortable, some how, with a doctor whose waiting room is empty. I only wish there were more like him. That said, I have to add that all of his assistants during surgery and at the office were wonderful. They were polite, curteous and seemed happy to be doing their jobs. The care felt personal.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Horrible, unfriendly office. Felt like one of the herd. Waited 1 1/2 hours to see dr. Will not return!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

Great Dr. did cataract surgery for me on both eyes. Did everything I expected to be done. He even called both times after my surgeries to check on how I was doing. I've reccomended him to many people with the same problem since then.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

DR. NILES TREATS YOU LIKE A FRIEND INSTEAD OF A PATIENT AND I KNOW HE IS AN EXPERT IN HIS FIELD BECAUSE MY MOTHER HAD CATARAC SURGERY ON HER RIGHT EYE DONE BY ANOTHER OPHTHALMOLOGIST AND IT TURNED OUT BAD AND THEN I TOOK MOM TO TO DR. NILES WHO DID HER LEFT EYE AND THE SURGERY WAS PERFECT.I WOULD DEFINITELY GO TO HIM FOR ANY EYE PROBLEMS HE HAS BEEN MY EYE DOCTOR FOR 26 YEARS.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

The whole staff is exceptionally nice and make you feel very comfortable. Dr. Niles is extremely knowledgeable and takes time to explain in detail what is happening. He did successful surgery on both my eyes and the recovery was quick and painless.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Has a superb reputaton and I've had no reason to wonder why. I like him very much.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2006

Dr. Charles R. Niles's Credentials

• German

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1983)