Ratings for Dr. Ellen B. Sterman

I have been a patient of Dr Stermans for 25 years. While she does not "sugar coat" things, She is a kind and compassionate Doctor with great knowledge and experience. As long as she is practicing in the area I will continue to be her Patient.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Good luck getting in touch with a doctor at this practice! You'll more than likely speak to some strange woman who doesn't introduce herself and gets huffy if you ask any questions. The office staff is a nightmare to deal with, and they completely lack any compassion. I wouldn't trust one doctor at this practice to diagnose a cold.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

The office staff is rude and unprofessional. Normally, I wouldn't care, but since I couldn't contact the doctor and had to deal with her staff this was a major problem. Even when I was sick I couldn't get a hold of the doctor. I was connected to someone (who I'll assume was a "nurse" but didn't identify herself as one) and she was just downright ill tempered. I immediately stopped going and looked for a new doctor. Who needs people being nasty to you when you already feel ill?

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I called for a new patient appt and the secretary Nancy was the meanest most judgmental woman I have ever encountered. When I told her I hadn't been to a Dr in a while she was aghast, and asked me what the hell I had been doing. Treated me as if I was stupid and when I responded, "I didn't call for a judgment, I called for an appointment." She got angry and transferred me to someone else. I made the appt, thought about it and cancelled. I am going somewhere else. Who needs that? I didn't even MAKE it to the Doctor before I was turned off.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I met Dr. sterman for the first time and was very impressed. I had a fantastic Dr. that had an untimely death and have been looking for someone to replace her. I think I found the one! She was very kind, informative and thorough. The staff is impressive and the receptionist is super!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Sterman for only a couple of years but I wish that I would have gone to her sooner. She has the best bedside manner then I have ever experienced and she is so thorough with testing that I am convinced that I have found a great doctor. I have been referring her to others.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Has been my gyn for several years. She is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Awful. Mean, shecduled a follow up for 6 months instead of 6 weeks, and then asked what I was doing there. Made me feel dumb for going to her with a medical problem. No bedside manner. Not very knowlegdeable and condesending. I know many women who have left the practice because of her. I asked to switch doctors within the practice and was told no. Please check into why she no longer delivers babies before setting foot in her office!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

certainly nice enough but no longer does ob. suggested hysterectomy without looking into further options....went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Delivered my second son and was kind, compassionate, professional.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

Dr. Ellen B. Sterman's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1982)