Ratings for Dr. George Mintsioulis

Excellent eye doctor. Very pleased for over 40 years.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr George Mintsioulis absolutely ruined my eyes. Every day of my life I have to live with the consequences of his incompetence. Because of him, I will never see properly again. Hardly a day goes by without my thinking of him and the bad luck I had being his patient. Claire Couture, Ottawa

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Dr. Mintsioulis did a PRK procedure on both my eyes. I suffer from extreme anxiety and had a panic attack - he was so calm and kept me distracted and did a fantastic job. I have 25/20 vision! My brother was also his patient and also has over 20/20 vision. My other brother will be booking with him soon too. Definitely recommend! He is fantastic!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr, Mintsioulis is a skilled surgeon and brilliant physician. In three years I went from a diagnosis corneal dystrophy keratoconus in both of my eyes with the risk of losing my eyesight in 10 years. to 20/20 vision in both eyes. Thank you Dr/ Mintsioulis and the rest of the eye institute team!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Mintsoulis since coming to Canada 33 years ago. I found him very professional, caring, efficient and knowledgeable. He always had time to answer any questions. I had cataract surgery in 2012 and wanted him to perform the surgery as I knew that I was in best hands. He is no doubt a skilled eye surgeon. His staff too are very kind, friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He is an incredible surgeon and clinician. He has year of experience; is very respectful; and extremely knowledgeable about corneal conditions.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Over the past 2 years, I have seen 4 different eye surgeons. Dr Mintsioulis is by far the best. He is absolutely first class. He has just done a cataract operation on me and for the first time in 40 years I can see really well. A previous cataract operation done by a Doctor in Pembroke was not a success, and will require further surgery, which I hope will be done by Dr Mintsioulis. I find him to be concise but affable and friendly with excellent communication skills, but it is his konowledge and skill as a surgeon that makes him stand out.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I had Dr Mintsiolis replace my two corneas and perform two chataract surgeries. I have been seeing him twice a year for the last 12 years. His knowledge and experience are unmatched and I have complete trust in him. Yes, he doesn't talk much but when you ask him he responds. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I'm considering having eye surgery with Dr. Mintsioulis but don't see many recent reviews. Has anyone had cataract surgery with him recently? I was a bit concerned that he barely explained the procedure to me and was quite dismissive. He didn't seem that engaged (seemed like he'd rather not work but would be bored if he didn't). I wondered if, with age, he has lost his enthusiasm and most importantly his surgical skills. Can anyone fill me in?

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I was just operated by Dr Mintsioulis and I got a 20/20 vision back. We are very lucky to have him in Ottawa . He is an excellent surgeon- fast and efficient. Those who complain of him not chatting should know that if he did, then he would be less efficient and it meant others could not see him or had to wait longer. Eye institute is a world class centre and the pamphlets explained everything to detail. I had one additional question which was adequately answered by his assistant doctor.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011