Ratings for Dr. Margarita A. Abrams

Dr. Abrams unfortunately was one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered. My wife had severe complications that Dr. Abrams should have detected if she had run the proper tests. My wife and child almost died as a result of Dr. Abram's negligence. Corrective care cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Her personal skills were also poor. For instance, during one of our meetings, my wife was having severe symptoms. Dr. Abrams was eating in front of us, gave a few perfunctory suggestions about diet and made no further investigations. In hindsight Dr. Abrams did not seem to have the skills or temperament to be a competent physician. I highly recommend for your own safety to avoid working with her.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I love, love, love her--we don't live in B'burg anymore but she was my doctor for nearly 10 years, including through fibroid diagnosis and surgery and my pregnancy. Still miss her; highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Abrams is attentive, helpful, and caring. I absolutely love her!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I loved Dr. Abrams. She was fantastic when I was pregnant with my daughter. My daughter had something wrong with her heart and she went above and beyond to take care of us. She made sure she was personally available to deliver her because she knew I was anxious about her heart. She is very kind, but doesn't sugar coat things which I personally liked. I had a c-section and she did an excellent job. My incision was small and neatly stitched. She checked on me every night I was in the hospital. I will definitely go to her for my next pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I absolutely adore Dr. Abrams. I've been seeing her since my early teens (I'm now 26) and always recommend her to family and friends. I have had 2 miscarriages and 1 birth. With both miscarriages she was incredibly sincere and passionate towards me. My 1st miscarriage I was given a d&c immediately I think because of how distraught I was. With my second I had the option to go home and think about my decision (this was last Thursday) and find care for my son since I had brought him to the appointment with me. I scheduled an appointment for Monday and had the d&c on Tuesday. With my labor she was also amazing. I ended up having a c-section which I had a bad reaction to and wound up being in the hospital for 6 days. Dr. Abrams came and saw me everyday to make sure I was healing properly. There is no other obgyn like Dr. Abrams, she is truly one of a kind.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Delivered my 2nd child- it was a VBAC. Almost a c-section, as the baby started having distressed heart rate. She decided to try a vacuum before resorting to a c section- it worked. Cord was tightly wrapped around my baby's neck, but she got it off and baby was fine. I did have a 4th degree tear, but I feel she did the right thing getting the baby out ASAP. Trust her and think she is a fine doc.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I had a miscarriage on a Thurs. & Dr. Abrams wanted me to wait til Tues. before doing a DNC. I spent 3 days in my bathroom passing golf size blood clots & became anemic. If it weren't for Dr. Zolovick, I feel like I would have died. Unfortunately, she ended up doing an emergency C-section w/ my son & I got cellulitis, she stood in the doorway like I was contagious & refused to examine me. After my C-section, I wanted my tubes tied b/c I didn't want anymore children & she asked me if I was sure that I wanted to do this. I insisted that I did, she proceeded to ask me what would I do if one of my children died b/c getting my tubes tied, I wouldn't be able to have anymore children. Even if one of my children died, having another certainly wouldn't replace the one I lost. She's unprofessional & rude. The staff blames it on the fact she's a single mother.......HELLO you aren't the ONLY single mother in this world, so suck it up! Phyllis Turk was the best. I hate she retired. I understand why

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Avoid at all cost! She is rude and impatient. I called because after taking a birth control pill I felt awful and wanted to know what would be the best way to deal with the symptoms. She was not helpful at all, she told me to go to ER if I feel too sick and that she couldn't tell me anything over the phone.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

While Dr. Abrams is a wonderful doctor, I am surprised her office staff has not been fired. They are rude, Do not do their job and unavailable. I was expecting test results and they told me to call at 4:00PM. I did and no one answered the phone and I tried calling for 1 hour. The office does not close until 5:00PM. There was no way to leave a message. If it was not for Dr. Abrams I am sure Montgomery County Gynecology would have shut down years ago.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

Dr. Abrams seemed like a compassionate, competent doctor when I saw her for the couple of years I lived in that area. The wait wasn't unreasonable and the staff was friendly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. Margarita A. Abrams's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Secure Horizons