Ratings for Dr. George R. Attia

I wasted 3 hours waiting for him and he did not provide me with any information or guided me for the next steps. His colleges were so young inexperienced and I was clueless.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Very difficult to reach staff. Dr. Attia is nice but does not explain the procedures well or take the time to be thorough

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr. Attia is unreachable and his office staff is worse. The nurse will never call you back because she is too busy. The office manager the same. If you have a question or a problem, you can wait weeks and by then your cycle is come and gone. You would have better service at the local DMV. Try a different doctor and medical office. Terrible customer service and very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. George R. Attia

Dr. George R. Attia's response
Hello, Because we go to great lengths to provide our patients the highest level of service, we take your feedback very seriously. Please give us a call at 305-243-0165 and we will be able to address all of your issues.

Submitted March 20, 2017

I don't understand the negative reviews for Dr. Attia. It did not appear to me that he is trying to "sell" unnecessary procedures. He is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff. I rather put my money into someone who knows his stuff than paying someone just to hold my hand. I need a doctor who will give me results, not someone who blows sunshine up my skirt and doesn't know what they're doing. Thanks to Dr. Attia and his team, we are now pregnant with twins after the first try and after 4 years of infertility. (We also did the genetic testing after 3 days without any problems) So if you want results, go with Dr. Attia, you won't regret it.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

He "sold us" invintro on our first visit. My wife was 36 and he "advised" us that we should do invintro because I had low motility. He didn't tell us that male motility could change from test to test which mine did. He also gave us bad advice by doing genetic testing after only 3 days. We later learned that you always wait till the fifth day to do that. The procedure didn't work. The next month another doctor gave my wife $20 worth of chlomid and she got pregnant. In retrospect we should have tried that first before we wasted 15k. Don't kid yourself. Doctors are financially motivated to sell you the most profitable procedures and Dr Attia was no exception

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Not a compassionate doctor. I posted a review here about my experience with Dr. Attia, and it mysteriously disappeared the next day. Are we supposed to post only positive reviews on this site, like some other review sites where only positive reviews are allowed because the doctors pay a monthly fee? My previous review that disappeared was a short version. I am posting it in full version, and I hope it will not be removed this time. Dr. Attia is always in a rush. He didn't give me enough information about my treatments or procedures. Also a while ago, while I was waiting in the exam room for Dr. Attia, suddenly I heard Dr. Attia shouting in the hallway very loudly, apparently at one of his staffs. Soon after, I saw that staff in tears. I tried to comfort her, but she did not want to talk. Probably she was afraid. To me that was very heartbreaking. When I insisted, she said: "Do not worry, we are used to it. Everybody gets their turns." I was trying to comfort the poor lady, but when she saw how sorry I was for her, she started to comfort me instead. That was very kind of her. I suggested that she go and talk to the Human Resources of the University of Miami, which is Dr. Attia's employer. She said it is no use as others had tried it before. I guess that explains why each time I would go there I would see new employees. I no longer wonder why. When you go to a doctor's office as a patient, especially for infertility problems, you expect to receive some compassion. As an infertility doctor that is supposed to show compassion to his patients, it seems that Dr. Attia does not even show compassion to his own staffs. Personally, I would not go (and I would not recommend anyone go either) to any business (a doctor's office, a bookstore, or a grocery store, doesn't matter), where I would see employees in tears saying it is a routine thing and they are used to it. When you see an employee in tears at a workplace like this that is supposed to provide service to you, it breaks your heart. But that is not the whole issue. Those employees treated badly at their workplace will reflect it on us as patients, as they will not do their best when providing service to us as patients. So it will eventually compromise the quality of service (patient care) we will receive, regardless of the type of the business. As you can guess, I did not continue my treatment with Dr. Attia. I personally expressed my sympathy to that poor lady who was in tears, but I also made clear to her that, being a professional in the legal field, I was willing to take her case when she feels ready for it. I hope this is not the typical treatment the employees receive at the University of Miami.

Submitted March 9, 2015

I do NOT recommend dr attia at all. he seems very nice when talking but he lacks professionalism you expect from a good doctor. he does the basic minimum parts then sends me to nurses and others you spent more time with than with dr attia which makes me feel like a number not a patient.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

He seems very nice but also very unprofessional. always late to appointments and doesn't spend time with you. Pushing for every possible extra unnecessary expensive treatment to increase his profit margin.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I had my early morning appointments but he is always late. Because he is late, I was late to go to my work each time. also sometime they prescribe wrong tests and i had to back.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

totally recommend dr Attia, very nice and caring and smart his team is very nice too

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. George R. Attia's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

UnitedHealthcare